• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 715T Magazines and Mag Troubleshooting

Just got off the phone with p&d in Edmonton , they have 5 25 rd mags left,they are pulling them off the shelve tomorrow until they find out if they are prohibited.

I have been one of those unfortunate souls that has had nothing but troubles with the magazine for this gun. I finally got fed up and sent the thing back to Mossberg and they sent me a new one. It remains to be seen if I traded sideways or not as I suspect that the design is sketchy with this particular magazine. I will tell you that the clip I sent in had 4 screw in it (There are 6 screw holes) where the one I just received has 6. Another guy I know is having all the same issues and his only has 4 screws in the 6 available holes as well. These two guns were both bought brand new so this is how they left the manufacturer. I am just surprised that Mossberg has let this QC issue go unchecked this far down the road, I would be afraid that my reputation was bing trashed with these sorts of silly issues going seemingly unchecked. Here's to hoping this new mag will solve my issues.

While I have not fired the gun yet with this new mag, it was easier to load to capacity. I didn't get hung up on the magical round number 11 that seems to get funky with so many of these. For some reason, i didn't get the plastic loader when I bought this rifle but the new mag came with one and it definitely makes loading easier. I am still baffled why the follower is not attached to the top spring. It just sits on top which seems odd to me. I'll report back after I have had a chance to try the new " all screws included" mag out.

Finally got to get out and try the new mag. Unfortunately it is more of the same. Ironically I went to Bass Pro Shop and they had some 715 mags hanging on display, so I grabbed one more and will give it yet another try but at this point, unless there is serious improvement, this gun is going down the road. My boy is tired of spending his time at the range cursing under his breathe as he clears out FTF and FTE's. Ironically there was a girl that was also at the range with the same gun doing the exact same thing ours does. She was over it after about the fifth FTF. I know there are some that seem to have success with this particular model but so far, I have yet to meet one. This is my boys first gun, but do you think he will ever buy another Mossberg after this?

Click on your username at the top right of the forum home page to open up your profile. You should see a list of options under "Personal Details" at the left of the page. Toward the bottom of that list under "Settings" you should see the "Preferences" option. Clicking this selection will open up a list of boxes to check under notification options. Make sure the box is checked in front of the "and receive email notifications of replies" option and you should begin to receive e-mail notifications to your subscribed threads...

It was set that way unfortunately. It seems that evertyime the board updates or whatever changes have been made, I have to resubscribe individually to each thread. It somehow loses it even though I have that option checked.

Gotcha.

If anything you can find the key threads you'd like to follow and select the "watch thread" option. Otherwise, it should automatically subscribe you to threads in which you post a reply...

If that still doesn't work, you might have to reset it, by clicking unwatch thread , then clicking watch thread....

Since mossberg has introduced the 715 P, our 25 rd magazines became prohibited here in Canada. Mr. Smart Mossberg collects now the 25 rd and exchanges them with the 10 rd. Does anyone has an idea how I could pin them to 10 rd ? Did anyone take the mag apart and can tell me if it's something that I could permanently reduce the capacity to 10 rd's? Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I did was trace the bottom of the metal tube on a sheet of thin aluminum, cut out the shape with tin snips, and then sandwiched it between the tube and the plastic extension.

The spring in the metal tube will compress against the new aluminum plate and the lower spring + black follower can be left out completely to prevent the mag from being converted back to 25rd. Works great and limits the mag to 10 rds while keeping the plastic extension in place.

Thank you very much. You're so right... Never thought about that and was expecting a more complicated solution :) thank you million time. Any other recommendations about the plate? Could you please share some pic as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got to get out and try the new mag. Unfortunately it is more of the same. Ironically I went to Bass Pro Shop and they had some 715 mags hanging on display, so I grabbed one more and will give it yet another try but at this point, unless there is serious improvement, this gun is going down the road. My boy is tired of spending his time at the range cursing under his breathe as he clears out FTF and FTE's. Ironically there was a girl that was also at the range with the same gun doing the exact same thing ours does. She was over it after about the fifth FTF. I know there are some that seem to have success with this particular model but so far, I have yet to meet one. This is my boys first gun, but do you think he will ever buy another Mossberg after this?
Sorry about your difficulties. I run into the same problem with .22lr ammo that just isn't snappy enough.

Have you tried Federal bulk pack, Remington Golden Bullet and Thunderbolt, and the various CCI products? Those are the ones that work very well for me.

On the other hand, so much of the Winchester Super X, and Federal Lightening and Match chokes up after just about every shot that I won't buy any more for the 715-T.

I've got a hoard of premium CCI ammo (Stinger, MiniMag, and Velocitor) that I haven't shot yet because it was so hard to find, and I've decided to run another couple thousand rounds of bulk ammo before I test it out. It seems the more I experiment with various ammos and the more I shoot I'm succeeding in both breaking in the gun and discovering what fires reliably.

Sorry about your difficulties. I run into the same problem with .22lr ammo that just isn't snappy enough.

Have you tried Federal bulk pack, Remington Golden Bullet and Thunderbolt, and the various CCI products? Those are the ones that work very well for me.

On the other hand, so much of the Winchester Super X, and Federal Lightening and Match chokes up after just about every shot that I won't buy any more for the 715-T.

I've got a hoard of premium CCI ammo (Stinger, MiniMag, and Velocitor) that I haven't shot yet because it was so hard to find, and I've decided to run another couple thousand rounds of bulk ammo before I test it out. It seems the more I experiment with various ammos and the more I shoot I'm succeeding in both breaking in the gun and discovering what fires reliably.

The Remington Golden has been what we have tried and this gun seems to dislike them. I'll have to try some others but I am not holding my breath that there will be vast improvement. Seems from my research on here and the people that I know that have this model, it is about a 50/50 proposition no matter what ammo they try. Thanks for the suggestions, we'll see how it goes I guess.

Still fighting my magazines too... Love the gun, hate the magazines. Ready to sell because of it though. Grrrrr

Hi everyone I am pump with my new mossberg 715t. I have been reading about the loading issue and I fix mine giving it a buff with a small dremel on the joint of the plastic and metal magazine.

That work but, I am having a different problem, when there are like 5 bullets left int the magazine start jamming, full magazine woks fine. I don't know if if the spring or the opening int he magazine, I am using cci mini-mags. Any one having this problem?thanks

Back