• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bolt Action Rifles

Well I always wanted a Springfield 1903 so treated myself to one yesterday. Its great, shoot brilliant and the serial number is just over 1million so no metal issues with the receiver. Nice addition to the collection
408892988.jpg

408892986.jpg

Holy WOW!

Congratulations Chris, the m1903 is on my "one day" list for sure...

I posted on anther Thread about a this little Gun it is built on a Savage action and Is very accurate and fun to shoot I have built lots of these little pee shooters I like to build them with .308 barrels there is a much better bullet selection for them But I also have built them with the .311 barrels to Great little gun and Yep My Kids and Grandkids love it . DD

cheap to shoot. thats pretty neat, how much work is involved? and what is an average cost of a project like this. i have a couple Savage Model 10's one is .308 and the other is .22-250. i really like them both. something like this really interests me.

Here is one target I found When I built this I think I paid $80.00 for the barrel blank and I opened up a 223 bolt and made the Extractor . The ones I build depends on the barrel you use the bolt assy is around fifty bucks Hope this helps DD

I got a bee in my bonnet a few years back and built a target AK47 it sports a 1 inch barrel I had to make all the parts gas system floating hand guard all the stuff it needed to shoot it shot well under a inch @ 100 yards !! so now when some one starts banging on the little 7.62x39 I just roll my eyes . I have built over 40 AK47 s they shoot two to two 1/2 inch groups @ 100 yards and that is no to shabby . DD I Just Love All Guns

i

I built a target AK47 it sports a 1 inch barrel I had to make all the parts gas system floating hand guard all the stuff it needed to shoot it shot well under a inch @ 100 yards !!

I am going to assume that this is a typo.

1 inch barrel, under 1 inch groups at 100 yards???

That seems like a bit of a stretch.

The Prof is in the pudding I don't lie and If You don't think it is true You get the best A/K you have and I will take Mine DD # 8

I'd just like to see the picture of the loaded 1 inch barrel installed in the receiver.

The 7.62x39 casing and bullet is longer than that

LOL

I don't see how it would be physically possible for a 1" barrel to build enough pressure to operate the gas system much less send a bullet 100 yards with any kind of accuracy.

I'f be curious to see pics as well.

That said, nice groups and I like the rifle in your first pic.

You Know Fellers It makes Me Mad when I g to so much work posting Pics on so many Threads , That I have posted on this site . I am fighting Terminal Cancer right now raising a 10 year old grandson, I lost my Wife four years ago To Cancer, raised six children and one of My Sisters Boys . As a Man I am a Man among Men and I know and Understand The only thing I will take with Me Is My word and Honor with Me when I go .
You with doubt are Staff and Moderators !!!! If You want You site to Grow Do it with Trust Honor Kindness and Love to each other , But We use Hate disbelief and Hard words to each other I do not like this or will I be part of that in any way, so this will be my last post on this site . I talk to lots of shooters and fix lots of guns it kills Me when I see disbelief in each other many times over the past three years shooting a Mossberg M V P many ask Me why do you shoot a cheap Mossberg ???? Are you kidding Me My guns shoot!!! and most of them are No name Just like My Target A/K . As I was watching T V and year or so back There is a show Sons Of Guns He Built a 1000 yard A/K .
It made Me feel good that there was someone else in the world that thought out of the Box , I knew that a 1000 yard A/K would not work The little case Is used up at 500 to 600 yards It will go 1000 but not as a target gun . I dropped Will Haden a Line and told him my story We are now friends and In My eyes Brothers as all of us should Be BUT WE ARE NOT !!! Why? Because we breed Hate not Love and Kindness . Moderators Don't breed this or do they Here is the Pic DD

Sorry you feel that way, and sorry that you have cancer. I have lost a lot of family and friends to it too.

But have you taken a second to actually read what has been written here? And what you wrote earlier?

You said that you made a one inch long barrel for a gun that shoots a bullet that is actually longer than the barrel. That's what I was questioning.

I even gave the benefit of the doubt and wrote that it must have been a typo.

It's not like I or anyone called you a liar, so don't put words in anyones' mouth.

Whoa.

DD, now that you post up the photo it appears that you were referencing 1" barrel diameter (bull barrel), not 1" length. It appears that the text was confusing or we all suffered some sort of group hallucination. Either way I think we were all under the impression you meant 1" length as was referenced in the responses above. That being the case, this ordeal is the result of simple miscommunication. Assumptions were made and the conversation drifted off course.

We are a light hearted, easy goin bunch of folks around here and are certainly not the hate mongers you describe. I hope we are all seeing the situation more clearly now and can move forward without issue. DD, I certainly hope you choose to stick around as I have really enjoyed your posts and contribution to the forum.

That's a good lookin barrel job by the way...

Well I finally got my hands on a 308 bolt action....
Now just got to look into a new chassis for her and a color scheme for it.... (Better watch out LES:p)
By tthe way LES that's a sweet set up bro:cool:

Last edited:
Back