• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Let's see your SKS!

I did some SKS shooting this last weekend, they are cool for sure. Need to get a hold of a factory fixed mag for it though.

IMO, the original box mag is best.

Plus, stripper clips are fun :)

And can be surprisingly quick to load too.

You can usually find OEM mags at numrich, ebay, and I picked mine up for $14.95 a year or so ago at schluder shots dot com, though I'm not sure if he has any left at that price.

So I'm about to move to hawaii. I'm thinking about picking up an SKS for 3 gun and I'm not sure if they're legal there. I've checked the laws and it's not specific that I've seen. The police department is not being very helpful, and local FFLs are simply saying they don't carry them.

Does anyone have any experience with firearm laws in Oahu?

not sure but what I do know is an SKS has no bad features that the government is looking to ban

HI is a very restrictive state as far as firearm, registration, 10 round pistol limit, cant open carry a long gun, permit to purchase, firearms being brought in to the state must be registered with the police....slavery

The gun gods smiled on me again today.

Happened upon this Yugo PAP m59/66-A1 in a local shop for $299...

The m59/66 models were fitted with a tubular 22mm grenade launcher that looks like a flash suppressor with no ports paired with a flip-up ladder front sight. A 1/2" thick rubber but plate was also added. The "A1" designation denotes the m59/66 models featuring flip up phosphorus or tritium night sights. The night sights on this one are phosphorus. The really cool thing about phosphorus is that even after decades, the night sights can be charged up by shining light on them for a short time. I used a basic flashlight and after about one minute the phosphorus sights were glowing as bright as the new Meprolight sights on my SIG P220. Not bad for a few decades old rifle.

This is the first SKS of any make I've seen for sale around here for under $500 in quite some time. It's in great shape and everything appears to be in good working order. Can't wait to get out and heat it up...

I think the SKS is one that no serious collection should be without. Very nice find, and a really fair price too.

Do you need some stripper clips back?

I was thrilled to find this one, especially for the price I paid.

Certainly appreciate you asking brother, but I'm good. Picked up a crate of 123gr Yugo surplus a while back, all on stripper clips...

L.E.S. ~ That 59/66 looks EXACTLY like the one I bought for a very meager sum, arsenal refinished with all 12 matching stamped s/n in the right places. It was like a BNIB un-issued rifle. I mean mint condition. I traded it away a few years ago before 7.62x39 ammo became rather expensive. Wish I had it back.

Congrats on owning one. Don't let it get away..........

BTW, the integrated 10-rd magazine as originally designed is a beautifully designed and reliable feeding/loading mechanism. Don't yank it out to get some snap-in higher cap magazine. I'm not saying that to you, LES, just putting it out there!!!!

Thanks nite!

I don't plan on letting go of this one any time soon. I'm really geek'd about the flip-up night sights and that they hold a charge after this long. Wasn't expecting that at all. Oh, and the factory mag is perfectly safe under my care. I'm a "don't fix what ain't broke" kind of guy...

I got a beat up old SKS off of classicguns or something like that.

Right now the barreled action is sitting in a home made kerosine bath to get all the cosmoline off.

Maybe next weekend I will mount it in this:

sksarrawlf.jpg

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

First time I've seen that particular bullpup stock.

Of course I'll say that if you like that one better, by all means get it.

Here's another that I think looks really good.

http://sgworks.com/

Damn.

Now I need another one.

Thanks for this. I hadn't seen that before myself.

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

The gun gods smiled on me again today.

Happened upon this Yugo PAP m59/66-A1 in a local shop for $299...

The m59/66 models were fitted with a tubular 22mm grenade launcher that looks like a flash suppressor with no ports paired with a flip-up ladder front sight. A 1/2" thick rubber but plate was also added. The "A1" designation denotes the m59/66 models featuring flip up phosphorus or tritium night sights. The night sights on this one are phosphorus. The really cool thing about phosphorus is that even after decades, the night sights can be charged up by shining light on them for a short time. I used a basic flashlight and after about one minute the phosphorus sights were glowing as bright as the new Meprolight sights on my SIG P220. Not bad for a few decades old rifle.

This is the first SKS of any make I've seen for sale around here for under $500 in quite some time. It's in great shape and everything appears to be in good working order. Can't wait to get out and heat it up...

Ran the serial number today and this one was made by Zastava in 1972...

It's in better shape than I am LOL

On Easter , few steel core got mixed in the SKS , they really should mark those lol.....jacked up my 50 yard ar500 gong.......time to turn it around and use the fresh side.
This is a good shooting SKS, my bud had it someone's care for awhile, it never had the OEM magazine as long as he's owned it. I picked up a Tapco 20 and some kind of metal 30 , the metal 30 feeds good but doesn't hold the bolt back and the Tapco feeds good, holds the bolt back but fits real tight and doesn't take rounds off of a stripper well.
Its beat up but the best grouping SKS I have ever shot

I wasn't planning on any other gun buys for a while, but I came across an all matching serial number factory 3 Norinco and picked it up for $288 (with tax was $300 out the door).

They had a $349 pricetag hanging off of the trigger guard, but I told them $300 would be all I'd do if they were interested in selling it.

They were interested in selling it :)

Clean and shiny bore with great looking chamber and rifling on a threaded (not pinned) barrel, bluing was really good and only a few places that I could hit with some oil and steel wool to shine up if I wanted to, decent wood, even the top of the follower didn't have any scratches or wear places in it as often happens when the rounds rub up against it as they're chambering. Cleaning rod was there and even had the cleaning kit in the buttstock.

I am happy happy happy that the market seems to have came back from brain damaged values.

I guess I'm a sucker for well built, solid surplus rifles.

If you look close in the first picture, you can even still see some cosmogoop in the seam where the top cover meets the receiver over top of where it says "by norinco".

Based on what I could find with a quick google search, the importer was China Sports Imports (and considering how Kalifornia is with gun laws now, it's been sitting in the back of someones' safe for a while).

sks import mark.jpg

sks 001.JPG

Back