• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stamp collecting (NFA)

She is DAMN SEXY John!
Glad to see you've got her running smoothly again. Nicely done Sir...

Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad to get it running right again. Having intermittent and sporadic failures does very little to instill or maintain confidence in a weapon, but with anything mechanical, sometimes you gotta work on them to keep everything right. The big downfall there is HK parts are usually expensive and hard to find. And thus why I fabricated my own barrel hanger from 18 gauge steel.

I found a few available, but they were for the cocking tubes that were tapered at the end, rather than straight tubes like the one I have.

Matter of fact, the one that was on mine to begin with had just been brazed or tig welded in place and was just on one side like it was just a piece of scrap metal with a hole in it brazed in place. It's no big surprise why the weld kept breaking.

mp5 009.JPG

But now, it wraps around the top of the cocking tube and no welds (like it was supposed to have been all along). After the Moly, will blend in seamlessly.

mp5 003.JPG

mp5 004.JPG

To be honest, I am debating whether or not to install the railed forend now so I can mount a night light. I had that forend mounted on the gun for a while many years ago but put too much stress on the weld and kept cracking it like in the top picture

mp5 007.JPG

While I have several different stocks and two forends for it, I liked all of them except the collapsing stock (which I sold rather quickly).

I have wanted a traditional stock for a while and it feels better than any of them, though the skeleton folder is about an inch longer in the butt and is very similar in feel, but the A2 is as good as it gets where the LOP is concerned.

The finish on the gun is showing some scars and luv scuffs and will look better after I refinish it in socom black (I think that's what I used when I first did the upper when I SBR'd it).

But she's running better now than it ever did. And that's what's most important to me.

that thing just looks handy

Truthfully, it really is.

It wields well, is compact, is pretty light, doesn't have a lot of recoil and you can stay on target well. And with the suppressor and subsonic ammo, is fantastic for close quarters and confined indoor shooting.

From point blank out to 125 yards or so, it is really nice.

@Helldog sorry for your state laws.

Nice work!

I always appreciate a home fix.

The finish on the gun is showing some scars and luv scuffs and will look better after I refinish it in socom black (I think that's what I used when I first did the upper when I SBR'd it).

I don't know man, scars and scuffs are sexy... :cool:

Well the evaluation of my SBR.....
this
SBR-9.jpg

now this....now has a Eotech Exps 3 on it now
sbrgear_zps6e0d9fa4.jpg

Last edited:
AC45ACP, I like the SBR AR. It's very unique. What type and color finish is that on there?

I also dig the bolt carrier.

LES, I am going to refinish the upper. It'll get more love licks in the future. The Norrells Moly has been on there since late '07, so I think it has held up really well all things considered.

While I do treat my stuff pretty good, none are treated like they're going to break if you look at them wrong and none are treated like they're made of glass. It'll get more scuffs and scratches as time goes on.

AR SBR 001.JPG

AR SBR 004.JPG

John A.,
The color is my custom blend of Graphite Black and Burnt Bronze Cerakote..
The Upper ia a 10.5 LWRC and the lower is a POF Gen III with a Geissele SSAE and Magpul Crap...

Thanks for the reply. I enjoy seeing what everyone chooses.

As for the custom mixed colors: "You go Dude!!"

I have mixed a lot of colors when I had my FFL's and I would do refinishing and camo jobs and such for customers.

On that note, the MP5 upper is done.

mp5 refinish 023.JPG

mp5 refinish 021.JPG

Thanks. It's just something I enjoy doing.

If I can't be out shooting them, at least I'm able to be working on them.

I finally got the email that the new generation Lage SMG upper has shipped.

I've been on the list since late February, and I know it'll be worth the wait.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting it. A few of you guys have heard about it sporadically over the last many months, but I finally got the big email I have been waiting on: "This message was sent to you at the request of Richard Lage, to notify you that they have shipped a package to you."

I have one of the older all steel gen uppers and it's always been "THE" upper for that gun, but the new version is almost totally redesigned with a lower profile, lighterweight aluminum body shaving almost 2 pounds off the overall weight, higher rate of fire along the lines of 800'ish, which is roughly what MP5 full auto's run, I can still run my 36 round double stack Suomi (Cadillac) mags.

Stoked !!

Here's the designers run in the spring '14 subgun run at knob creek using his Max 31 upper using Suomi drums on his Mac 11 receiver.

Good stuff.

Here's one like I'm getting, only mine is the fat mac.

Back