• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Remington Rifles

S

SHOOTER13

Pictured below is my Remington Model 7600, a pump action centerfire rifle with a 22" barrel chambered in 30-06 Springfield. It has been produced by Remington Arms from 1981 to the present day, with this particular specimen being manufactured in 1985.

===================================================================

REMINGTONM7600small-1.jpg

===================================================================

In the United States the Remington Model 7600 is a favored choice of deer hunters, with Remington advertising that the Model 7600 is "one of the most popular deer rifles in the USA." Its use is especially prevalent in Pennsylvania, where state game laws forbid the use of semiautomatic rifles for hunting.

Re: SHOOTER13's Remington 7600...

One of my last trips out to the range I got the pleasure of shooting one of these for the first time. Its a really neat rifle but I only put a few shots down range before my shoulder said enough :cool: .

Re: SHOOTER13's Remington 7600...

I hear ya DH...30-06 can be gruelling !! ;)

Re: REMINGTON

Anyone else here own a centerfire pump action rifle...?!

I will inherit a 760 30-06 1965 vintage gun with a 4 x 10 scope that flips to the side for target sight shooting. I can have it anytime I want it, but as mentioned, it is an a beech to shoot. It does not fit me too well, I would have to trim the stock and put a rubber pad on it to be comfortable using it. I did some research on it, and it is one of the most popular deer and big game rifles ever made. The rotating breech lugs lock it up nice and tight...
My Dad took several deer with it over time from the same stand of trees in central Wisconsin. Having said that, he shot even more with a bolt-action half sporterized Mauser 8mm with the original straight bolt and an uncrowned barrel. Now that was a thumper...

Shooter13, I may have something here that you'd be interested in.

I used to have a Remington 7400 (*the semi auto version of the one you have) and to my knowlege, they both use the same magazine.

Well, this magazine is a 12 rounder all steel, although it seems to swell pretty bad and is impossible to insert into the magwell with 12 loaded in it, but I don't have the rifle anymore if you'd be interested in maybe trading something or another for it. maybe a cheap steel AR or AK 30 round mag straight across???

Here is the picture of the 7400 I used to have with a "few" modifications wink/wink

And FYI, a Speedfeed Rem 870 buttstock will fit the 7400/7600 reciever perfectly if you want a rear grip or would want to install a different LOP stock ;)

Here it is with the D&E magazine I spoke about earlier.

I remember my Dad going shooting with me once and he told everyone about that fire breathing gun I had. He told me if he ever went hunting for locomotive, that he knew what gun he wanted to use. :lol:

Remmy7400001.jpg

I wanted to share this with you guys even though it is non-Mossberg. The only gun I ever owned and later exchanged that I truly regretted was a Remington 37. Ever since then, a 37 was on my bucket list. A 37 with the original barrel, not changed much, and still affordable is hard to come because there were less than 13,000 ever made with last being built in 1954. Remington put a lot of effort into these rifles so they would really perform but that amount of attention kept production numbers down. Anyway I happened into a 1946 model 37 with the original barrel and original “miracle” trigger a couple of weeks ago. To make it even better I got an option to get it with the Feckers scope that was on it. The Feckers has a unique center mounted parallax adjustment. After getting it focused it delivered a 5-shot 0.186” group @ 50 yards with that 67 year old rifle. This one I will keep.

37Remington-1A_zps650222f5.jpg
Rem37TgtSKStd1_zps79530cf4.jpg

Congrats! She is a real beauty. Thanks for posting. We love all brands. :D

Picked one up from a co worker who's a non shooter and wanted it out of his apartment. It's 30-06 ,24"
bbl missing rear iron site, stock and metal in very good shape for it's age, (made in Sept 1949) The scope is going to be replaced, cheap 4x32 and won't hold zero. Thinking about refinishing the stock, adding sling mounts, new Nikon 4x12x40 Prostaff BDC and have already put on a Limbsaver recoil pad. Best of all this cost a whole $140 for the adoption not bad for the father of the Remington 700!

Remingtonmodel72130-06001_zps3ec6b2b9.jpg

Remingtonmodel72130-06002_zps3d3d655b.jpg

Remingtonmodel72130-06003_zpse7d72ac5.jpg

Not bad a all!

Congratulations on the find, and $140 is an amazing bargain. You may be able to find a replacement for the rear iron from Williams. Won't be original, but they do offer a lot of dovetail options in their Fire Sight line...

Nice score. Will be fun to see how your new project turns out. Any idea on the direction your going with the refinish of the stock? Just from looking at the pictures I'd leave it alone honestly. Considering its age thats a really nice looking rifle you got there and for peanuts honestly.

Nice score. Will be fun to see how your new project turns out. Any idea on the direction your going with the refinish of the stock? Just from looking at the pictures I'd leave it alone honestly. Considering its age thats a really nice looking rifle you got there and for peanuts honestly.

Looking at a walnut stain but will see what wood looks like after stripping it. Re blued the trigger guard and it turned out nice.

Got it stripped down and sanded and have a very nice walnut stock. I'm going to go get a walnut stain, mineral spirit, some Tung oil and see what turns out. This is my 1st attempt at refinishing a stock.

Shooter13, will check out the sister site, someone might have a rear sight for this old girl. I've seen some on EBAY but not going to bid on any due to high prices.

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has some info on a reminton nylon77. My grandpa had left it to me when he passed, and I haven't really been able to find to much information on it other than internet stuff. I took apart and cleaned it, shoots like its brand new. Thanks for the help
P.s. please let me know if anyone else has one.

Hi.

The Nylon 77 was a modified version of the incredibly popular and now famous Nylon 66 rifle which, instead of a buttstock-fed tubular magazine, had in its place a conventional magazine.

In 1959 Tom Frye (using a Nylon 66) of the Remington Arms Company team shot and hit in the air a total of 100,006 out of 100, 010 2.5" thrown wooden blocks during the course of 14 days of continuous shooting.

You have a very good rifle, which isn't too great at taking down and field stripping but is accurate and will run and run with minimal attention.

Back