• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Freedom Munitions 9mm ammunition warning

No, I haven't. All I know is the woman I talked to on the phone when I explained to them what happened said I could return it and she would forward the claim to their legal dept.

They emailed a few questions requesting an explanation of what happened, photo's, and repair costs, injuries, etc and I simply replied with a few pics and an explanation.

Shortly after, I received the return ups label from their shipping dept.

I sent it back the next day and I have yet to hear anything about it since.

I have however ordered the same amount and same type of ammo from another company (GA Arms) and planned to use the refund money to put back in the account to cover that purchase, though I have no specific timeframe when that will happen, though I expect a full refund within a week of them getting their ammo back. Whether that's what they expect or not is a different story, but it takes a few days for the money to transfer electronically, so I'll be reasonable with them, but everyone has their limits to reason too. I'm not going to wait forever.

I hope to not hear anything, but with lawyers, who knows. I give a crap less. I'll deal with them or not. Just give my money back and they can go on their way, and I'll go on mine. They don't have to worry about me buying anything else from them.

Should not be a big surprise to anyone, but the GA Arms replacements arrived this morning. Ordered 7/18, shipped 7/21, arrived 7/23.

Just FWIW, I shipped the Freedom stuff back to them on the 16th, and they're just scheduled to get it today according to the tracking info [rolleyes]

Hopefully, this will all be resolved soon.

We'll see how this goes. I'll keep you updated.

Now it's a matter of time.
---------------------------------

Service:
UPS Ground
Weight:
60.00 lbs
Delivered On:
07/23/2014 12:46 P.M.
Delivered To:
LEWISTON, ID, US
Signed By:
CHER
Left At:
Receiver

I got a reply email that said they issued a refund to the card and it should show up within 5 days.

Sweet. Sounds like a PITA but at least you got a refund. I wonder how many others got bad ammo

I have no idea. Though I hope no one gets hurt. You can always replace a barrel, a gun, or a batch of ammo, but you can't replace eyes, or lives.

good deal, money is too hard to come by these days to mess around. The entre thing seemed very unusual , never seen anything like it, any of it

Me either.

I contacted several people across the country who have a lot more experience in this area than I, and everyone was in agreement that everything pointed back to the brass, and not one of them had ever seen a difference in the wall thickness or a ring inside of 9mm brass like that before.

Just wanted to give one final update to the thread, the refund was finally given today, so ends this whole debacle.

John A enjoy the Georgia Arms ammo, I hope your experience with GA will as good as mine was...... the FMJ S&W.40 looks and shoots like it was factory rounds and the price is very good.

I've shot a lot of the 9mm subsonic and their 40 S&W and 223. It's always been fantastic ammo.

I've run quite a bit of the FM rounds (new and reman) through the SR40 over the last couple of years and a few of the other local idpa group uses their stuff in their 9mm's....I just got some 9mm and 223/556 from them a few months back I have yet to even open. I'll be looking at the empty casings very closely after reading this thread.

I am glad you posted this info and I found this thread. Glad that you are ok and the worst didn't happen!
I ordered a 50 box of .380 reman from Freedom and had no problems. I will definitely think twice about ordering from them again, especially the 9mm.
The odd thing about their shipping is how long it takes. They are based in Idaho, I live in Idaho, but my shipment tracked through Washington, into Oregon and finally back to Idaho.
I emailed them about the shipping oddity and was told that they had to go through UPS shipping hubs and the closest one to them was Spokane, Washington.
With all the info in this thread and my own past experiences, I think that I will just cross them off the list.....

Back