• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Finally got an AR15

Is that the Magpul rear sight? If so you can flip the small part of the peep down and it gives a larger hole to look through.

It doesn't have that. It's not a dual. I figured it out anyway, I moved the stock in one notch and I got a better sight picture.

Very cool. Didn't expect you to liberate it from jail so quickly lol. Must have been eating away at you over the weekend. Definitely we need to meet up sometime soonish. I have the sight tool if you need to adjust it but you can always just use a bullet tip, thin screwdriver tip etc....

FYI Academy has the sight tool and some other great AR accessories as well. Just be very warned this black rifle disease is bad for your wallet lol.

I pawned my guitar to get it out but they're not keeping it that's for sure. I'll get it back next month, it's a $1200 guitar. o_O

I fixed the rear sight. I was getting a blurry picture so I used a drill bit that was barely bigger and cleaned up the hole. It's a whole lot better, sight picture very good. Must be flashes in there as it's plastic.

Nice. Used to play. Was an Ibanez guy. I had an SZ similar to that, set neck, string through etc........ but the Carvin you got obviously has alot more electronics going on in the routing than what I had. I've never understood why they used 22 pole pieced humbuckers. Guess I'd just to have to play with one. Guitars are just as expensive and addictive as the guns lol. Nice pair of guitars you posted. Yea definitely don't loose em.

We are gonna get along fine I think. Lets shoot for a range date in a couple of weeks if that sounds good to you.

Is that the Magpul rear sight? If so you can flip the small part of the peep down and it gives a larger hole to look through.

Now I get it. Yep, it's a dual and that's a pretty big hole. By the way JG, let's try it in Sept. The brown guitar in the pic was the Carvin Bolt kit with upgrades but I ordered the HSH pick guard from a custom shop. Sadly I don't have that anymore

FYI Wrenches I'll be in Colorado for a couple of weeks during the middle of Sept. Its still kinda warm anyway so lets shoot for the beginning of Oct. The weather will be more bearable by then.

You got it jg. That's better and I'll be caught up on finances then. Til then have fun in Colorado. :)

By the way, I don't mind giving up guns to get more guns, I've been doing that for years as I have to watch how much assets I have because of my SSI (Medicaid). This coming April I'll turn 65 and it will change to Medicare then I'll have no limits. Yeah!

That's a very good rifle to start off with. I started with an M&P15 OR and never had any issues with it. Are you planning on modifying it at all? optic?

my FIL has a M&P Sport and it is an excellent shooting rifle. He went and got a 300blk upper and suppressor.......hasn't put 30 rounds through it since, and I haven't got to shoot it at all. He just kinda lost interest I guess.....don't know how that's possible.

Me either. Aside from the ammo.

But I really love shooting with a can.

Back