• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What is your favorite Crossbow and why?

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
In knowing that there are many different crossbow makes and models, I'm curious what your favorite is and why.

I have always been a fan of Barnett, probably due to the fact that that they have been produced for so long and the first crossbow I remember seeing was a Barnett, so that was a big deciding factor when I was in the market.

I like Barnett as well. I've owned two and still use one as my go to bow. They are good quality bows that do not break the bank.

My next would be Excalibur. They have a pretty much bulletproof, field serviceable design and a lifetime warranty. They are wide but they shoot well.

Well this Friday ill get my 2nd crossbow out of layaway. Strykezone 380. I shot it a the shop and so far I liking it, especially type excellent rifle like trigger.

Well this Friday ill get my 2nd crossbow out of layaway. Strykezone 380. I shot it a the shop and so far I liking it, especially type excellent rifle like trigger.

We will need Pics!!! LOL

Triggers on xbows are getting better. Triggertech is making a single and double stage triggers for the Excalibur's that are rifle quality. They are supposed to start releasing models for other manufacturers bows but I'm not sure which one at the moment.

Definitely will post pics. I'm going to crony it while I'm their but they tell me they actually get right at 380 for once and ill probably check trigger pull weight too. I'm deciding on how much camo I want to put on it still. Factory didn't put enough camo on to justify an extra $75

Per my experience the average shooter will get a bit less than the advertised speed unless you go with the absolute lightest recommended arrow weight. May Raptor is advertised at 330fps and I am only pushing 320 because I don't use the carbon arrows. I'd be curious to see where yours falls compared to the advertised speed.

Looking forward to the pics

My buddy just traded a guitar for a PSE Viper Rattler crossbow. He said it has digital woodland camo and said it was supposed to have about a 165 pound pull, but from I could find only produced about 265 fps. Truth is, I couldn't find out much about them online.

I haven't seen it yet, but he's wanting us to go out when possible and shoot some together so I'm interested in checking it out just to see what PSE is about.

Back