• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

my non NFA home defense firearm

00Buck

.22LR
eaipox.jpg

Legal per ATF

16 inch bbl 28 inch overall
Grip by Shockwave Technology
They also have the atf paperwork approval for this type firearm on their site

Looks like that grip could be used to file down your calluses, too. Take care. Tom Worthington

I'm very familiar with the particulars of the configuration and it's legality, but knew from the looks of yours that it wasn't a 14" barrel. Did you do the chop, drill, and tap yourself? Oh and I'm assuming yours began life as a factory pistol grip only model, yes?

Yes pistol grip firearm
Yes chop job by me , was a breacher barrel with breacher cut off
Sight was already on it in right location
I did some barrel swapping with my other Mossburgs to make this as I always wanted a snub nosed shotgun for home defense and the fun factor .
And it has been a blast at the range , although I admit 15 20 rounds is about all the funi can take

The friction tape has been sanded down to provide a grip without abrasion concerns

Yes pistol grip firearm

Good deal, you know we've gotta ask to clarify for any unfamiliar members reading the thread.

For anyone interested, this type of non-NFA configuration is only viable if the firearm came from the factory in a pistol grip only configuration and has never had a buttstock installed. Technically the firearm is not classified as a shotgun, or a pistol, and as long as the overall length remains over 26" then the firearm cannot be classified as an AOW and requires no ATF approval or tax stamp.

Yes chop job by me , was a breacher barrel with breacher cut off
Sight was already on it in right location

Nicely done and that makes sense.

I have a couple with breacher barrels and the sights are set back in a perfect spot for the length you chose. Looks great...

Lupumpara! :)

Pachmayr has a "revolver" style grip called the Vindicator.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 7
^ Poblem there is that Pachmayr grip doesn't extend rearward far enough to keep the weapon OAL over 26". Installing the Pachmayr grip on the firearm pictured above would classify it as an AOW and would require ATF Form 1 approval and a $200 tax stamp...

Back