• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Another Blankety Blank School Shooting

That one was really shocking. What I saw of the news report last night the kid had a lot going for him.

I can't remember who I was listening to on the Radio last night, but they made a good point.

Why is it that kids these days immediately resort to homicidal violence to "sort things out"? We didn't have school shootings like we've seen in the past 15 years or so back in the 50's and 60's... heck pretty much up through the 90's. Was it because there were less guns around? Doubt it, pretty sure most households back then had some sort of firearm. Did kids not have the same issues they have today? Nope... pretty sure teens faced the same "tough times" as kids do today... sex, drugs, alcohol have been part of society for a LONG time... so what gives?

My theory.... the distancing and removal of parents from parenting. With the onset of everyone needing to have more, be more, own more... we've seen a shift to both parents working full time jobs to support the various "necessities of life". Siri on Iphones has replaced Mom's and Dads at dinner time (if it even happens). Parents are afraid to discipline their children because someone (or their children) may sue them. Teenagers aren't brought up to respect others and their belongings.

I could probably list many more reasons but that's what it boils down to for me.

My theory.... the distancing and removal of parents from parenting. With the onset of everyone needing to have more, be more, own more... we've seen a shift to both parents working full time jobs to support the various "necessities of life". Siri on Iphones has replaced Mom's and Dads at dinner time (if it even happens). Parents are afraid to discipline their children because someone (or their children) may sue them. Teenagers aren't brought up to respect others and their belongings.

All good points AK and all are part of the problem. Medicating kids comes to mind too although I have no idea if that was involved in this case.

The anti gunners are already climbing onto the victims to yell for all the gun laws/bans on their wants list. Scum. Everyone last one of them.

From what I heard, there were some anti's who were already making statements about wanting to ban things before the victims had even been taken from the scene. You cannot convince me that you would already have things in print and all ready to go like that, unless it had been typed well in advance and just waiting for something to happen to submit it. Please prove me wrong on my assumption.

Terrible terrible thing. For all involved. My prayers and thoughts go out to all of them.

I have no doubts that there will be some in Washington State (and probably in DC too) that will try to push their agenda against citizens. And sadly, I bet there will be some who are buying up what they can, while they can in anticipation of what's probably coming up again.

Look for his medical history to be forthcoming. Why is it that just about every drug ad I see on tv has some disclaimer about suicidal thoughts as if it renders the manufacturer harmless? Time to put the screws to them if the is any connection...

I can't remember who I was listening to on the Radio last night, but they made a good point.

Why is it that kids these days immediately resort to homicidal violence to "sort things out"? We didn't have school shootings like we've seen in the past 15 years or so back in the 50's and 60's... heck pretty much up through the 90's. Was it because there were less guns around? Doubt it, pretty sure most households back then had some sort of firearm. Did kids not have the same issues they have today? Nope... pretty sure teens faced the same "tough times" as kids do today... sex, drugs, alcohol have been part of society for a LONG time... so what gives?

I could probably list many more reasons but that's what it boils down to for me.
Both my parents worked full time. I was getting my younger sister ready and on the school bus with me in my teen years. It wasn't an option, it was what I was expected to do, because i was told to. And I got my share of a$$ beatings as a kid. But I turned out fine, as we all did. Responsible, working adult. Apparently my generation dropped the ball somewhere with child rearing, I can't say anything because i have not raised any. But I can't imagine raising one to turn out like that.

Back