• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SHOTGUN: Holographic/Red Dot Sight Options

I put a sightmark 3x mag on my AR, it seems like a decent sight, but it has a very short eye releif and doesn't work well on my AR, so back on EBAY it goes!

Just picked up a tru glo red dot 30 mm sight it's the matte black version with the Cooper "tru glo" logo don't know what the difference is between that one and the original "tru glo" logo.
But will have to take it to the range and sight her in.
Any pointers would be nice? I'll be using it for turkey hunting in the next couple weeks
Also any tips on how to make it secure on the rail? Loctite on the screws maybe? Thanks
This will be going on my mossberg 500 20 gauge field combo

Just picked up a tru glo red dot 30 mm sight it's the matte black version with the Cooper "tru glo" logo don't know what the difference is between that one and the original "tru glo" logo.
But will have to take it to the range and sight her in.
Any pointers would be nice? I'll be using it for turkey hunting in the next couple weeks
Also any tips on how to make it secure on the rail? Loctite on the screws maybe? Thanks
This will be going on my mossberg 500 20 gauge field combo
I've been using the Tru-glo 30mm red dots myself for a while now. Your gonna be fine with out the lock-tite unless you want to make it perminent.
As far as siting it in, I'd use the cheaper bird shot shells at 20 to 25 yards to start. Get you dot in the center of your patterns first and then make adjustment's with the higher priced turkey loads. It will pattern pretty close to where you wanna be and you won't burn up a high price box of shells.
Good Luck this Turkey Season!! Indiana doesnt start til April 23rd, so I guess I'll have to pace the floor until then LOL!!
I forgot to mention "Dont over tighting the screws on the body of the Red Dot, they strip pretty easy"

Gentlemen ,
Rather new to this operation but read through this thread and a few others as well as posted in an introduction thread and must say I was impressed with the wonderful people and their greetings! Very friendly people and look forward to getting to know some of you.

I'm not sure this is the correct place to post this but I recently bought a SightMark Green Dot and LOVE IT. I have a JM Pro 930 24'' and have recently mounted the Dot to the rail. I like the location, however if I knew how to mount it like our good man Jerry Miculek did, mine would be off the rail asap. Attached below is a video link of Jerry and his shotgun with his Dot mounted where I want to place mine.

Anyone at MossbergOwners know how or have done this? I like the location as it gives you a MUCH better situational awareness when eyes are over bore compared to how I currently have it.

Not sure what optic he's using, but it looks like it's a direct mount to the barrel, either drilled and tapped for threaded set screws or possible a dovetail mount...

the optic is a Vortex , not quite sure on the mount but I don't think its a JP , the one Jerry is using has a bit more picatinny sticking out from under the sight on the muzzle side, and the Vortex has its base on' The JP doesn't have picatinny , its made to replace the base and screw the sight right to the mount.......it might be a heavily modified JP

Good Day Everyone,

Been snooping around the internet for a mount on my barrel for my micro green dot, haven't found anything that looks decent until today. Does anyone here on MossbergOwners have the Aimtech Rib Rider Low Rider rib mount or know of someone who does? If so do you/they like it and would you/they recommend it? I've attached a link below for yah. This Rib rail I feel if I bought the smallest one would do the trick. Opinions?

http://www.aimtech-mounts.com/Rib Riders.htm

Hadn't seen that one until now, but I like the concept.

Best of both worlds if you're still truly able to use the factory bead...

Hadn't seen that one until now, but I like the concept.

Best of both worlds if you're still truly able to use the factory bead...

Not too sure if it will fit my 930 JM Pro but the company says that it will fit the Mossberg 500, 835,9200 (Most) and I emailed them about it and havent heard back from them. I'll keep everyone posted as to what they say and if I buy one. In which case pictures and possibly a video will be in store. I love the concept and I really hop it fits because ites exactly what I'm looking for.

Hello all,

I'm back with another question after getting in contact with the company who created "Rib Riders." The issue that I've run into now is they don't have a Mossberg 930 to test their rib out on. However the rib fits the Mossberg 500. Does anyone happen to know if the 500 and 930 rib are the same and identical? If so the rib should fit, if not then I'm SOL. I have contacted Mossberg Customer Service with this questions but have a gut feeling I will never hear back from them which is why I'm hoping I can get a hand from y'all. Much Obliged!

I would suggest posting up a request in both the 500 and 930 sections for members with ribbed barrels to post measurements of the rib for reference. Either that or you could stop by your local big box store with a set of calipers...

I would suggest posting up a request in both the 500 and 930 sections for members with ribbed barrels to post measurements of the rib for reference. Either that or you could stop by your local big box store with a set of calipers...
CRAZY Idea Lazy Eyed Sniper! Can't believe I didn't think of that myself! I will do just that!

Keep us posted.

If you don't get the info you need I can see about stopping a couple places here in town and taking some measurements...

Keep us posted.

If you don't get the info you need I can see about stopping a couple places here in town and taking some measurements...
That would be outstanding! If I get nothing back over at the 500 neighborhood I'll maybe check my local shops too and see what I can find, thank you Sniper!

5udetazy.jpg

gaze4ury.jpg

Holding up good after 100 or so rounds of 00 buck, slugs and some birdshot.
Feels like I'm cheating but its so quick on follow up shots for me.

3skulls,

Glad to see that someone is successfully using a Mueller red dot on a shotgun. My 930 JM Pro arrives tomorrow and I've ordered a rail from Mossberg and was planning to use a Mueller. I've just started sifting through the different threads on the forum - - I've got lots to learn.

Thanks, Guy

First time I have seen one of those mounted.

Looks tiny.

Back