• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CMP Special Grade

Saturday - 33*F wind 0-5mph over cast cloudy

15448430694_3fa7ae8689.jpg

Mission - Find Zero

10 clicks up @ 100 yards :

15448430964_dde7976fd8.jpg

This setting grouped the best. Looks like POA is the very tip of the front sight blade is where POI is settling. 11 clicks up it was just too high. First shot was a cold clean barrel hitting high right on a 12" target. The rest of the bullets landed in the 4-5 MOA zone I was looking for. Very satisfied.

Mission - hit a 10" square plate at 200 yards with consistency

I placed the plate at 200 yards and painted it florescent yellow to help with identification with iron sights. Turns out when I got back to the bench the yellow was blending into the sand backstop behind it. So I was guessing where it was… Ding on the 10th shot and it hit below the clip with enough force to kick the clip out and dropped the plate.

Walked back at cease fire and flipped it over so the metal gray side showed. Made an easier target acquisition but next time I'm painting it white.

Seems I was hitting to the right at bit at 200. Happened last time even though 100 was center mass. I'm thinking its my trigger pull. In any case once I figured the best spot to hold the irons (very bottom of the plate) I was ringing in Christmas. Best group was 5/8 in the clip was BING!!!

16044931366_fe738ceb66.jpg

Last edited:
Love it, your experiencing one of the purest forms of shooting and kicking ass , bring it over a click and see if it drifts too far right at 100, might turn out to be a good comprimise
Thank you Sir!

I'm wondering if its my trigger pull and if I'm not centering the front post on the target at 200 yards. If its not either than I'll do a quick fix and pull the rear sight one click to the left and that should sort everything out.

I zeroed the front post by manually moving it. Which btw is a major MF pain in the ass because the allen key when you turn it to loosen the front post isn't easy to move and when you do your hanging on the front post and bam… whole GD thing moves 36 miles from where you wanted it. First outing took me all day to center it out the way I wanted it. Once I got it where I wanted, I tightened it down to where Chuck Norris himself would be proud.

Man, I have misspent sufficient money in my past to have already owned a nice Garand a long time ago. WTF was I thinking????

Man, I have misspent sufficient money in my past to have already owned a nice Garand a long time ago. WTF was I thinking????
There's still time, there's still stock.

In the mean time… I have a full clip with your name on it whenever you want. I just want to view your shit eating grin when you hit the plate at 200 yards and the ping on the 8th round.

shhhhhh don't give them any more ideas on things to ban. We can't even boot Cuomo out of office because the fudds sat out of the race.

Not bad!

I've put over 300 rounds through the Garand in 2014... sighting her in and having some fun at 200 yards. Action was a little rough from the re-parkarization.

Detailed cleaned her over the weekend, re-greased.... damn thing is butter smooth now!!

Last edited:
Back