• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Is Oklahoma still considered the South?

Papa D

Family got relocated for my wife's work. In southern OK for a few months. About an hour north of Dallas TX and an hour south of OKC. Anyone know of anyplace to shoot in this area?

I don't consider Oklahoma the south, but as long as there is a southerner living and breathing in it, I'll make an exception for the 5 foot radius around you.

Did you find one yet Papa D? Here's a link I found to gun ranges in OK.
http://www.shooting.org/Ranges/Oklahoma

I don't feel qualified to answer your question since I am north of the Mason-Dixon line. A southern gal once told me it didn't matter that it was only 15 minutes north of the line...I was still a Yankee.;)

Sure, anything South of MI is the South. ;-D

Just like anything south of my house is Detroit. (It pisses a lot of people off when i say that. LOL)

LOL... thanks y'all. Still looking. But will try and reach out to the one place listed in my town from that link Carbinemike posted. Man I just want to go pull a trigger and smell that glorious aroma of burned powder.

Sure it is.

...to everyone but us Texans...

^ Yup, what we said

To us, once you're north of the Red River, that's all Yankee land!! Look, bad grammar and the nations highest per capita saturation of r.v and mobile home "communities" don't make you from the south. LOL I kid I kid.
True story though, I spent some time in Ardmore, OK. Only place I've ever been you could round up any combination of a dozen random people, and not a full set of teeth to be had between all of 'em. Walked into a steak house, got seated and when the waitress came to take our order I asked if they had Shiner. Waitress said they were a dry county - SAY WHAAAT!! A Steak w/o a cold beer, WTH is wrong w/ this place?!?! Oh Oklahoma....
A more positive note though to end on. I went to Vineta, OK. last year for my sisters family's vacation to spend some time with them. Man, the drive up there was absolutely beautiful!! That is really one of the most pristine places I've ever been

That got a big belly laugh out of me when I saw your map.

That was sig line material.

Back