• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Attempted home invasion

Wow , I got my permit here in NH in 14 days and it only was that long because of the Holidays !

Norm

That sure does demonstrates the difference between states like MS, and NH, NY, etc. I could go down to my LGS right now, and walk out 10 minutes later with anything they sell, and openly carried hot on my shoulder or hip. Only requirement is the NICS call. No license or other state paperwork unless you want to carry concealed.

Wow , I got my permit here in NH in 14 days and it only was that long because of the Holidays !

Norm
Yeah, the laws are pretty varied.

Here in MI I can walk in and purchase handguns/long gun's with no wait. I they do not even have to make the NICS call if I have a my CPL.

Permit to purchase (handguns) without CPL is same day as far as I know (some counties still try to drag it out). Long guns only require NICS check.

Full autos, AOW, suppressors, etc still require a bit of paperwork and wait as they do everywhere.

I know I am lucky and I know that can change at any time based on what I am seeing around the country.

+1 on the shot gun. I would also suggest looking at "LIMB SAVER" type butt pad while you are at your
LGS the next time.
Agree with all previous posters and if your regular residence area has a range allowing shot guns,area boxes of field loads can be a good starting point in familiarization of recoil and operationing the 20ga.

When I first got my wife to shoot my 590 she hated it. So I had to change something to get her to be comfortable shooting if the need arises.
Get a limbsaver for it and invest in some low-recoil rounds till she gets used to the recoil. Turns out she loved that combination and trust's the 590 now. Oh and dont forget range time. There is no substitute for hands on training.

Glad your wife was safe and I know I'd be just like you in the same situation. I'll go to any lengths to protect my family especially from someone that poses a threat. I have no patience for ppl that think they can do as they please and even less if it threatens my family.

When I first got my wife to shoot my 590 she hated it. So I had to change something to get her to be comfortable shooting if the need arises.
Get a limbsaver for it and invest in some low-recoil rounds till she gets used to the recoil. Turns out she loved that combination and trust's the 590 now. Oh and dont forget range time. There is no substitute for hands on training.

Glad your wife was safe and I know I'd be just like you in the same situation. I'll go to any lengths to protect my family especially from someone that poses a threat. I have no patience for ppl that think they can do as they please and even less if it threatens my family.

Sounds like a stance/hold problem to me. Teach her the push/pull method. My daughter was the same way until I showed her the proper way to fire a shotgun. Now she can fire big slugs and full power 00buck with no problem.

Again, I am sorry it it went as far as it did, and I am thankful that things had a positive outcome.

Just please try to train with it, and shoot it to get used to it, and know what it will and won't do and learn to use it.

We'll be here to help either of you anytime.

Again, I am sorry it it went as far as it did, and I am thankful that things had a positive outcome.

Just please try to train with it, and shoot it to get used to it, and know what it will and won't do and learn to use it.

We'll be here to help either of you anytime.

+1 to what John said.

That sure does demonstrates the difference between states like MS, and NH, NY, etc. I could go down to my LGS right now, and walk out 10 minutes later with anything they sell, and openly carried hot on my shoulder or hip. Only requirement is the NICS call. No license or other state paperwork unless you want to carry concealed.

Open or concealed carry is legal in NH we too can walk out 10 minutes later and openly carry our newly aquired purchase! I took me a month to get my CC permit because of the "gun scare" I assure you we enjoy of freedoms here in NH!

Very nice 500 I might add should serve you well for years or until you have an unfortunate boating accident...;)

Well....I thought everyone has heard about the poor guy that lost all his guns in a boating accident....guess not ;)

It's no joke.

Sadly, the phenomenon is all to common among firearm owners. I've suggested that the state hunter education and boater education courses be combined to help avoid these incidents, but have made no progress on that front yet. To be continued...

Back