• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where to purchase Federal LE132 1B #1 Buck Shot Shells ?

Does anyone have a source for purchasing Federal LE132 1B Shot shells ? I am planning on doing some patterning in the near future and would like to include this round.

Thank you for any leads you can provide. I have not been able to find this through my regular sources.

I look forward to your test results. Good luck finding the tactical flight control in number 1. I think Bigfoot has a case of it in his cabinet. I've seen it online before though and I'll keep my eyes open.

Last edited:
I have found a supplier for this round, but unfortunately this product is backordered. I was able to purchase #1 Buck shot shells manufactured by Remington and Winchester. Would be great to find Federal #1 Buck for comparison.

In all honesty, since this ammo is advertised as an 1100-fps load and not a 1325-fps load I personally am definitely not interested. But I hope you do eventually find some so that you can pattern test it on paper. Please let us know how it punches thru, okay?

BTW, I called around to some suppliers yesterday on your behalf and also searched some super-secret online suppliers and I came up with nothing that I could pass forward to you so that you could get some. Wish I could have gotten you connected with some.

Thank you Nitesite ! I do have some of these shells on order (backorder), but there is no way of knowing when they will be available. I appreciate your efforts !!!

interesting how after tests have been done it proved to be a good sd load, they became unobtainium in general. i'll just hope for the best with #4 buck for now. I also thank you for your effeorts in locating some.

As far as I know, this is the only 12 gauge 2 3/4 inch #1 Buck load that Federal manufactures. I am of the opinion that its' scarcity is due to limited production more than overwhelming demand.

I do have a box of Remington #1 Buck and a box of Winchester Super X #1 Buck.

Just found out that the range where I shoot is planning to build a new area exclusively for shotgun patterning !

did you order it and it went to back order or did you put it on the wish list. guess I should do
the same as you did if I ever expect to get any.

did you order it and it went to back order or did you put it on the wish list. guess I should do
the same as you did if I ever expect to get any.

I placed an order when I knew that it was not in stock (backorder). I saw someone post that they had a backorder since January 2013 and just received there order !!! I got lucky :)

I'm definitely interested in how the load patterns, I've always liked the flitecontrol. I've patterned the 00 in the low recoil to 40 yards with impressive results.

The down side;
I have on good account from a source I trust, the low recoil load lacks terminal velocity at that range. From a home defense perspective this may never be an issue, but in states where castle law applies to property beyond the walls of your home, it could be a liability.

In any case, I'm still interested in your findings. Heck, I'd go as far as to help fire some of it for you! :)

Nice score. I was able to by a case of LE 132 #1 buckshot a few years ago. I am saving it since I do know if I can ever buy it again.

I have shot 10 boxes across all of my shotguns.

Back