• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Taurus / Rossi Firearms

This is interesting...not sure how I feel about it. Could be a gimmick or it could be a pretty neat innovation. I wouldn't mind testing one...
http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=901&category=Pistol
Taurus-Curve-180CRV-0.jpg

I understand that curvy women like the fit on that one...when carrying IWB at 3 and 9 o'clock

The model 85 is one of their most popular revolvers and are built of off old S&W J-Frame tooling. I have their 9mm variant, the model 905, and it's been a great little back-up gun...

This is interesting...not sure how I feel about it. Could be a gimmick or it could be a pretty neat innovation. I wouldn't mind testing one...
http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=901&category=Pistol
Taurus-Curve-180CRV-0.jpg

From a functional standpoint it sounds good...but it's butt ugly. However, I'm speaking out of complete ignorance as CC is not allowed here unless you're a cop or a very extra-special somebody. So can't speak from CC experience...but sounds functional.

I'd be curious to hear from folks that CC regularly...whether they think it would be useful.

Any guesses why they went with .38 ACP and not 9mm, .40 or .45?

Any guesses why they went with .38 ACP and not 9mm, .40 or .45?

...because it's a modified version of their TCP .380.

Much easier and less expensive to put an existing model in a new poly frame than to engineer a new pistol altogether...

...because it's a modified version of their TCP .380.

Much easier and less expensive to put an existing model in a new poly frame than to engineer a new pistol altogether...
Established platform...makes sense. Guess I was thinking that they might attract more buyers with more common clambering...as an enticement to overcome the odd look. Dunno?? Jus thinkin out loud.....

Here in the States, I'd say .380 is by far the most common CC round.

That said, it's due to the influx of new firearm owners in the past few years and the overwhelming expansion of the trendy pocket .380 pistol market. They're small, lightweight, and easy to carry, and REALLY easy for sales people to push out the door at big box stores. The pocket 9mm trend isn't too far behind though...

I agree. At the LGS, the employees are not allowed to open carry, most carry pocket .380's.
That said, the Curve is fugly, but has some cool features. The integrated light and laser are useful items that I would want on my wife's gun.

Established platform...makes sense. Guess I was thinking that they might attract more buyers with more common clambering...as an enticement to overcome the odd look. Dunno?? Jus thinkin out loud.....

.380 ACP (9mm Kurz) is a bit easier to package in small form as it has less "kick" than 9mm Parabellum. A "pocket" 9mm takes very good form and a strong grip to get it to function properly. A loose grip will not allow the slide to cycle fully and result in "stovepipes" or other malfunctions... As an entry level carry pistol, the .380 is a good choice and will stop an attacker if aimed properly. A small nine may have more stopping power, but will be difficult for some to rack the slide because of a stronger recoil spring.

Good, interesting points from all.

Any opinions on how it might carry and draw? Especially from those who carry in a holster now, opposed to the clip on the side of the firearm.....

Not surprising... Not to sound like a gun snob, I do own two Sigmas. The old .40 model and the new 9mm that are great. So I'd be the first to tell you that a reliable, quality pistol doesn't have to start at $550 and head north from there. IMO though, Taurus isn't one of them. A friend of mine shot him self accidently with a Millennium. Chambering a round, he let the slide fly forward, when it slammed home it went off striking him in the foot. Poor guy took an AK round in that same ankle already in Afghanistan ending his service. Funny thing about it all was when he called 911 he said he'd shot himself they sent a SWAT team to his house instead of a paramedic. Apparently they thought he was an active shooter for some reason. Ok, maybe not so funny to some but the way he told the story when it happened we both laughed our asses off

I looked into the Millennium series a while back as I had a good deal on a used one. There seemed to be a few issues people were having so I passed.

My Taurus revolver has been one of the best guns I've ever bought.

Wow.... I was about to get the PT-111 Millennium. was a good deal On a website a few month's back. Good thing I didn't "pull the trigger" on that one. Lol.

I have a PT111 Pro Millie... It fires fine, haven't had any problems with it. I'm not in the habit of dropping my guns so I should be OK... ;) It sits in the top drawer of my tool box at the shop, fully loaded, safety on. Not a bad gun for 1/2 what the 26 cost with the same capacity. Plus it has double-strike capability and a 1911-style safety.

PS: I don't agree with ANY manufacturers settling ANY lawsuits with gunowners--Taurus was the lawyer's bitch in this case and were totally wrong to settle! :mad: Many guns will go off if dropped a certain way and no gun is totally "safe". LINK1 LINK2

pt111c.jpg

Last edited:
Back