• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Centurion UC-9 (UZI)

Pretty cool article.

I remember there are pics from an old Mossberg catalog around here on the site somewhere with the Uzi line in it...

If you run across them again, be sure to send me a link. I'd like to see them, though I haven't ever ran across them.

Until maybe 2 weeks ago, I had no idea that Mossberg ever imported them.

Nitesite had mentioned it before, but I didn't know they imported the carbines. I just thought it was the Desert Eagle and maybe Jericho handguns.

I'm unsure if this is the same catalog you mentioned, but was pretty neat for 1997 standards.

At least in my humble opinion.

http://uzitalk.com/reference/literature/catalogs/1998uziamerica.pdf

And I also found a 1970's Interarms brochure with a HUGE weapon light, and underneath said the guns were being sold for an astronomical $120 and the light was half as much as the gun itself and only illuminated a standing person 50 yards away.

Just wow. Could you imagine?

I just love reading through these old brochures and technical data pages.

uzi brochure.JPG

Here you go.

Uzi America / Mossberg law enforcement brochure (1998):

Here's the source...

http://www.shadeone.com/guns/accessories.html

All the info I can find is that Mossberg's subsidiary, Uzi America, inked a deal with IMI after their Action Arms distribution agreement ended in '94. Looks like all the Mossberg LE imports were 9mm and .40 S&W sub-gun pistols and carbines built on mini Uzi receivers. This was all in the same time-frame they were importing IMI Uzi handguns and sportified Galil rifles...

Thanks for adding the brochure LES. I enjoy knowing the history behind things. I don't know why, but I've always been interested in things like that.

Today, I got the gun out for its' first official cleaning with about 700 rounds downrange now and I noticed that the charging handle was a little loose when I pulled it, so I applied some Loctite and staked the bolt. I'm not sure if it was ever meant to be staked, but at least now I know that it's not going to cause me a problem down the road at the worst possible time. Simple prevention.

I ordered a universal barrel clamp mount last night so I can mount a light on this gun. I really prefer not to mount anything on the barrel itself, but since Century neutered the bayonet lug to be "post ban" (probably to make it easier for them to sell in certain locales), that severely limits the use of some aftermarket accessories.

Aside from inexpensive bayonet lug rails, Zahal does sell a railed forend, but about $200 for it, is more than I want to spend to mount a light, so I'm going to get the clamp and cantilever mount and another Ray O Vac light to go on this gun.

I was also able to find some IMI mag couplers that let me clamp two 32 rounders together, effectively doubling my initial capacity.

Since I have found a few pictures online, I'll add a pic showing the mag coupler first in case you've never seen one being used on an uzi. The rest of the pics should be self explanatory.

guard-with-uzi.jpg

idf-carbine-header-uzi.jpg

divers-uzi.jpg

uzi ak diver.jpg

uzi idf female.JPG

uzi prone.JPG

I was also able to dig up an old archive photo of a prototype of a long barreled uzi that looks exactly like the uzi's that Mossberg imported, minus the bayonet lug they installed midway up the barrel.

uzi long barrel.jpg

I had mentinoned early in the topic that many people touting the Vector brand uzi's as being one of the "better" clones out there, and this is not meant to be a bash, but there are also many out there that would disagree with that statement and this is one.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showt...-the-work-done-was-garbage.-They-are-clueless.

and more:
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showt...-actually-happened-to-Vector-Arms-the-company

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showt...lure-to-Fire-Is-my-front-trunnion-weld-broken

Man, I'm so glad I bought a Century International gun.

How often do you hear that out loud?

hearing even more complaints about Vector.

Seems that they've went to crap the last few years since the owner was arrested for selling munitions to Afghanistan that he bought from China against the contract stipulations back in 2008.

Anyway, more horror stories about the Vector uzi.
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?78322-Vector-Mini-Uzi-what-a-bad-move

Yeah, but I hate seeing all these other folks getting crap from places that used to have a good reputation.

I'm happy with this one though all in all.

It had a bit of an issue with the front sight and I replaced and modded it a little, and some folks complain about the primer strike not being perfectly centered with the primer, but I'd throw it over my shoulder.

Good info on the CA uzi. I was wondering about them Also seen a few other CA guns out there like AKs but didn't know much about them. Gald to know at least their uzi is good.

Century has done really well on their AK's in the last few years. Their quality is much better than they used to be.

The WASR AK's are among the better quality you can buy these days. I've owned a bunch of them over the years when I had my FFL's and I currently have a Serbian NPAP Century import and it's among my all time favorite AK's.

egghatching011_zps5707e2f5.jpg

That is awesome. Just wanted a AK you can run the $#!t out of and still know its gonna work no matter what u feed it. Gonna look into that.

Century has done really well on their AK's in the last few years. Their quality is much better than they used to be.

The WASR AK's are among the better quality you can buy these days. I've owned a bunch of them over the years when I had my FFL's and I currently have a Serbian NPAP Century import and it's among my all time favorite AK's.

egghatching011_zps5707e2f5.jpg
Sweet AK John.

That is awesome. Just wanted a AK you can run the $#!t out of and still know its gonna work no matter what u feed it. Gonna look into that.

Caught mine on fire once at the range.

Gas tube got so hot on the way through a 75 round drum it lit up the top handguard. Put it out and kept shoot'n after it stopped smoking...

Back