• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rimfire Rifle Pics and Discussion (non-Mossberg)

lol, no worries....I have only been to a range a handful of times in my life. Actually just bought my first ever range membership last June. 20 minutes in any direction and you can shoot till you don't have rifling, no people, no fees.....nothing but you, your friends and Bigfoot

I miss that.

Had that situation growing up, but not now. Still, $150 a year for unlimited access to the new range here ain't bad...

I think I posted to one by my house ?

a bunch of ranges, the main part has archery, 2 clay ranges, hunter education range, couple pistol, couple combo firearm, a full auto, longest there is 200 yards

they opened a "high power" range on the next road over ran by the same folks.
It isn't like you can go there and just shoot though. Its only open Tuesdays and Thursdays and you have to start at 300, get 15 minutes to shoot, then 15 for your buddy to hoist the target fix, mark or repair
then you move to 400, same thing, then to 500, then to 600. After that you go run targets and your buddy shoots;
Its an old range used by the Army fort stationed here in the 40's and 50's

All the original mechanisms and all, still work perfect.......haven't had time to go do it but this fall for sure

Its 25 bucks a year for individual and 40 for a family......not sure what the going rate is on a range but I am feeling I got a good deal considering your membership fee

Great deal for sure.

The indoor range in town here is $25 a day, out to 25yd, and only for pistol and shotgun (no slugs) and low-power rifle only. The outdoor state run facility is only out to 100yd for rifle and shotgun (slugs only, no shot) and out to 17yd for pistols. It's $5.50 for two hours and there's usually a 20-30 minute wait just to get in the door. One or two people every year or so end up accidentally shooting themselves there, so it's not the safest place to be. $150/year was a no brainer for unlimited access out to 1000yd with reactive steel targets on both pistol and rifle ranges. I can drive out any time I want whether anyone's there or not and my gate code gets me in. I'm usually alone on the range at 6am and am packing up by the time the usual crew shows up. Works for me...

unlimited access out to 1000yd with reactive steel targets on both pistol and rifle ranges. I can drive out any time I want whether anyone's there or not and my gate code gets me in. I'm usually alone on the range at 6am and am packing up by the time the usual crew shows up. Works for me...

that sounds like a good way to do it. 1000 to steel sounds fun as hell

...lot of fun.

They just put in rimfire reactive steel silhouettes on the short yardage range as well. Those little poppers are a lot of fun...

Savage BTV . This gun is a shooter.

I have shoot several groups like this back when I could find those crappy remington sub sonics. I still have about 150 of them left but they are saved for the bushy tails .

My rimfire rifles
CZundKimber_zps0fddf36e.jpg

RugerundWinchester_zps77dd6dbe.jpg

Picked up a Ruger 1020 teach my kids how to shoot and for some cheap plinking. Gonna shoot it for the first time tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes20150724_190253.jpg .

Very nice!

It's great that you have both iron sights and the optic so you can teach them with both...

Back