• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

RANGE REPORT: Long Guns

I think you'll like them.

I've never used their ejector/extractor spring. I wouldn't mind picking up a set for each of my AR's. (Yes, I have that much confidence in them)

I don't believe they made them when I first started using their buffer springs.

I just bought 2 sets of their buffer springs a couple weeks ago

My lightweight coyote popper was just a little undergassed for the tubbs spring and wouldn't lock the bolt back on the last round, but functioned fine otherwise.

So, I put the standard Carbine spring back in it, and put the Tubbs spring in my middy/rifle stock. (The one I had to enlarge the gas port size).

I believe it will function well in it, and I kept the other in the SBR AR. It functioned fine and even has an H1 buffer in addition to the new spring.

I'll test the middy/rifle stock combo with the new spring to ensure it works as it should with before putting it back in HD rotation, but I think it'll be fine. It felt good cycling it by hand at least.

Took the drive to the free range about 45 minutes away and made some noise. Shot one person trap with me throwing the clay pigeon and then shooting it. Had fun and did much better than last time. Think I'd do alright if someone else pulled too? Fired 50 shells of 12 Ga. from my 1920's Stevens 520, first time I ever fired it at a moving target, did alright, really starting to love this gun.
Fired only 25 16 Ga. Shells from the 1936 Remington Sportsman/Model 11, did good, well at least good for me.
And fired the 1920's Crescent Victor 16 Ga. 50 times and think I had the best time with that one.
Mark

My personal favorite sniper rifle. Although I have three different ones, this is my favorite right now. It shoots 1/4moa if I do my part.

DrNgfR3l.jpg

And here's the first group at 100 yards (actually it's in metres, I'm Canadian). This was after barrel break-in. Too bad for the flyer. It would have been under .40".

98WwEUwl.jpg

My personal favorite sniper rifle. Although I have three different ones, this is my favorite right now. It shoots 1/4moa if I do my part.

DrNgfR3l.jpg

Man, that is a sick a$$ rifle!! I'm not really into "sniper" rifles per se so what I know about them could probably fill a thimble. My 700 w/ 4X12 Nikkon or that LR 308 you see as my avatar is about as sniper as I get. So what am I looking at? I'd really like some details on this rifle if ya wouldn't mind sharing i.e caliber, twist, action, barrel, bolt, brake and all the rest she's riding on

The rifle is a PGWdi Coyote in .308. The scope is a new Sightron SVSSS 10-50x60 and the mount is a Near 1.25 milspec. Weight is 18.5lbs.. The barrel is a modest 24" long with 1:11 twist. The bipod is an LRA Light Tactical unit.

Thanks for the interest.

Last edited:
I've never had a gun that would do a 1/4 moa. I envy anyone that does. And respect the ones that can make it do it.

I've always had to "settle" for anything under 1 moa and am more than content with such.

Though I don't get out too far anyway. Where I shoot, 1 moa is meat on the table.

I've never fired a gun more than 450 yards.

Ever.

Back