• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone else have a Bushmaster ACR Enhanced

tattooo

.30-06
db2049c60a9a95e0869e5808f2fa0d92.jpg

We are a small community...lol..... but anyone who has ever had the pleasure of shooting one agrees it is a superb platform [emoji2] .... My AR has been in the back of the safe

I did a few improvements that I thought could have been better on a higher end rifle.

Magpul polymer MBUS - Troy Micro M4 - dioptic battle flip up sights

Trigger : Geissele Super ACR 4.5lb 2 stage

Spikes Dynacomp Shorty muzzle brake

I waited several years for the Magpul Masada to go from concept to gun.

I was one of the first to see the sneak peeks of the prototype when stickman was taking pictures of it.

See LES ....there isn't many of us ....hopefully now that they are at a lower price point ( where it was originally promised ) more people wlll pick one up & see what they've been missing

I know a few guys who have modded full auto FNC's and Fals with airsoft versions of the ACR stock. They look really nice too.

Is it true that parts require replacement from airsoft guns? Honest question, no disrespect.

I don't think that it's necessarily required, but there are a lot of airsoft parts that are interchangeable. The Bushmaster parts are sometimes hard to find or may be twice the price, so in certain instances the airsoft parts may be a worthwhile option. I've run into this situation with my FN Ps90. There is virtually no aftermarket support for parts here in the US other than a few airsoft companies that make certain parts and accessories...

Bushmaster makes replacement parts and accessories ( stocks, handguards etc ), but they are almost always on back order and as LES said expensive. There are a few aftermarket companies supporting the platform but not many. Until the recent price drop to $1500-1700ish they were priced so high that most people just bought the SCAR and the platform didnt sell so well, also BM never made the barrel conversions thst make the " Adaptive Co
mbat Rifle " Adaptive after years of promises....
So some people do turn to airsoft accessories do to m lack of platform support ( I personally would
never )

I don't want to hijack the topic and will only say this.

If an item is built well (correctly), I don't mind buying perhaps an airsoft grip, stock, forend, light or scope mount, etc. if I want it and can't get it anywhere else.

I won't compromise the safety and integrity of the gun for it though.

Another weapon that is very much in-line with airsoft parts is the little GSG 22lr mp5.

But then again, GSG got their start in airsoft, so maybe that is to be expected.

Matter of fact, I'm pretty certain that my MP5 skeleton folding stock is likely an airsoft or at least a knock-off repro. All I know is it doesn't have B&T stamped on it anywhere, and I sure didn't pay $250 for it either. Seems like I recall paying about $85 for it. It's a dang fine stock too.

Back to the regularly scheduled program, after a couple years of no product from magpul, I lost interest in the masada. And then Bushmaster had it a few more years after that doing something with it, and when they did release it, it had a msrp of what I could buy a transferable Mac machinegun for, and it was a no brainer which to get. I have the machinegun.

I think one of my favorite things about the masada would be the left side charging handle. That just appeals to me.

I still like them and would like to get some time behind the trigger of one. Let us know how it does.

I couldn't get used to the left side charging handle on the SCAR. It reciprocated with the bolt and I couldn't get used to it flying back toward my face with every shot. Was right in my line of sight and far too distracting. It's ambidextrous, so I switched it over to the right side...

I can understand how that could be distracting. Especially if you weren't expecting it.

Not sure why they don't do a NON-reciprocating bolt. Like the MP5.

Though there are countless other guns that do reciprocate. SKS, AK, 10/22 and the list goes on.

My M10/9 also moves with the bolt. Though isn't distracting to me. Heck, I don't even pay attention to it when shooting.

I couldn't get used to the left side charging handle on the SCAR. It reciprocated with the bolt and I couldn't get used to it flying back toward my face with every shot. Was right in my line of sight and far too distracting. It's ambidextrous, so I switched it over to the right side...
I love the ACR s non reciprocating charging handle..... ( I like my fingers ) lol

Back