• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Air Rifles / Pellet Handgun Thread

S

SHOOTER13

This thread is for the discussion of air rifles and/or pellet and BB handguns...whether they are powered by springs, pistons, pnumatics (gas) or carbon dioxide (CO2).

====================================================================

My favorite squirrel (chipmunk,rabbit,crow,pigeon,dove,etc) rifle...

MECHANISM
-Velocity: 1200 fps with PBA, 1000 fps with Lead
-Single Shot
-Break Barrel: Single Cocking System, Spring piston
-Automatic Cocking Safety system
-Manual Trigger safety
-Barrel: Fluted, Polymer Jacketed Rifled Steel
-Non-removable noise dampener (with up to 52% reduction)
-Cocking Effort: 30 lbs
-Trigger: Second Stage adjustable
-Manual Safety

STOCK
-Stock: Tough All Weather molded Synthetic
-Butt Plate: Ventilated rubber pad for recoil absorption
-Cheekpiece: Thin cheekpad molded on each side
-Checkering: Non-Slip texture design on grip and forearm

SIGHTS
-Fiber optic front sight with sight guard
-Fiber optic adjustable rear sight.

OPTICS
-Scope Ramp: Raised Rail
-Scope: 39x40 standard reticle air rifle scope with one piece solid mount

SPECIFICATIONS
-Weight: 5.28 lbs
-Length: 46.0 inches
-Ammunition: Any .177 Pellet
-Caliber: .177
-Trigger Pull: 3.74 lbs
-Cocking effort:30 lbs
-Barrel Length: 18 inches

Recently helped a friend clean out his basement / garage and was gifted the following...a vintage Crosman Mark II

SPECS:

Manufacturer: Crosman
Model: , Model Mark II
Made In: USA
Manufactured Dates: 1966 - 1986

Caliber: .177
Ammunition:
lead or alloy pellet or steel BB
Action: single-shot
Air Source: CO2, 12 g Powerlet
Accessories: 5 Crosman Powerlets / BB's / .177 pellets

Weight (lb): 2.8
Length (in): 11.0
Body Material: metal
Finish: black
Grips: plastic
Barrel Length (in): 7.75
Rifled: yes
Trigger Action: SA
Trigger Pull (lbs) 6
Adjustable: yes
Sights (front/rear): fixed, fully adjustable
Velocity (fps): 420 (hi), 320 (lo)
Sound Level (dB):100

This also came with the deal...a vintage Marksman Repeater.

SPECS:

Power Source: Spring Piston
Cocking Action: Slide
Ammo: .177 BBs ( 18 round reservoir ), Pellets, Darts and Bolts
Velocity: 200 fps

My old Daisy.

Daisy.jpg~original

I recently picked up a Benjamin Marauder 0.25cl with a Crosman 2-7x scope and an orion green light. The gun will be used for predator and varmint hunting at night. The county that I will be using it in is a bow only so this is my only real options.

I was wondering if anyone else enjoys shooting their air or pellet rifles? If so post up some pictures and stories.

That is pretty cool looking!

I have a friend who has two break barrel pellet guns, same maker, made in china.

They're decent, came with a cheap scope and were inexpensive. Nothing to the caliber (pun intended) of what you have pictured.

He and I sighted them in, he wants to use them for squirrel. The problem is the trigger pull is HEAVY with a whole lot of travel. It's like 12 pounds the whole 50 yards of travel. It's bad enough the guns can't be fired accurately without using a rest.

Yea this one is actually made in america (scope and light aren't) and the trigger is very adjustable. I look forward to shooting it this week and seeing what it can do.

You have to use a bike pump on that? Never that before...

My brother has a gamo break barrel. I had sighted it in for him and I noticed it wasn't very accurate. It did however stay within a 3" circle. And I was using a shooting table with a holder. So I know it wasn't me shaking....

Yea you need the air pump to achieve the 3000psi. It takes about 70 pumps to get to that level. It is supposed to be a tack driver at 50 yards. I know people shoot it out to 100 yards.

Thats some serious $hit. Ive got a Gamo that will take out cats and squirrels no problem. How "loud" is it? If its intended purpose is night hunting, i presume its near or less than a suppressed rifle?

I learned to shoot with a sweet Sheridan Blue Streak back in the '60s, but I haven't owned a pellet gun for many years.

I was thinking of getting one for the grandkids to shoot, but I don't know anything about these modern pump guns.

I was shocked to find out a few years ago that people are hunting big game with air guns. The techology has come a long way.

Curious to see how that performs. How hard is the pumping to reach the 3kpsi mark?

e8a60a96413e12930dc30f5eb9ab706e.jpg

All sighted in for 15 yards. I am going to do 30 and 45 tomorrow morning.

It took about 100 hard pumps to get to full. It got progressively harder the higher the psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Special pump that came with the rifle? I don't see a standard hand pump being capable of 3000 psi

Nice Marauder! I've been eyeing up some of the more "precision" pellet guns these days myself, but I keep getting distracted by other stuff.

I still have the first air rifle I ever shot, an old Gamo "Expo" that my dad bought years ago. I put a new seal in it about ten years or so ago. It's a good shooter, but it doesn't fling them at more than 600 fps or so.

I always wanted one of those Crosman MKI pistols too. Figuring the costs of Co2 for an afternoon of shooting, its probably cheaper than shooting the Ruger pistol its patterned after, with ammo prices being what they are now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back