• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Air Rifles / Pellet Handgun Thread

4.5mm (.177) and some where around 450fps to 500fps (10 Meter air rifles are designed to toss a pellet through a 5mm target at 10 meters, not to hunt).

Yea...I could tell by the config it was a target model...good looking rifle.

I hunt with mine all the time...

Squirrels, chipmunks...muzzle velocity is at least 1000fps with my GAMO Whisper.

You have to use a bike pump on that? Never that before...

My brother has a gamo break barrel. I had sighted it in for him and I noticed it wasn't very accurate. It did however stay within a 3" circle. And I was using a shooting table with a holder. So I know it wasn't me shaking....

Spring guns do not do well off of benches. Too many vibrations.

Yea you need the air pump to achieve the 3000psi. It takes about 70 pumps to get to that level. It is supposed to be a tack driver at 50 yards. I know people shoot it out to 100 yards.

The hunting class (Modified 10 Meter style guns) and 10 Meter Compressed Air guns are usually charged from a scuba tank. Saves the pumping for the bicycles.

Kentucky windage works best with springers...

You get to know what you and the rifle are capable of after awhile...

I take headshots on squirrels and chipmunks all day long....and have even taken dove in the backyard.

I have a Crossman 3100 break barrel springer. Only tosses a .177 pellet downrange at 500-600 fps. With the stock sight I can put pellets inside a soda pull tab straw hole at 20 yrd.
Also have 2 M&P BB guns that I started my wife out on.
Pics are the same types. I guess I need to take some pics.

Found a pic of my pellet rifle with my old, long gone SKS.

I love the thumb hole stock. :cool:

Bad news for me though. My Crosman has ratchet damage to the cylinder. I'll try to build it up with silver alloy. The cylinder is potmetal, so it's a tricky business.

Every one of these guns eventually was damaged by the loading pin getting into a chamber, then when the action cycled this stripped the ratchet. New cylinders were impossible to find.

Went on vacation and was reunited with my Crosman Mark II Target pistol while at my parents house.
Had this when I was in high school in the early/mid 80's. I'm pretty sure this pistol is a pre 1975 model.
Gonna toss in a CO2 cartridge and a pellet and see if she still shoots.

I've got a Ruger Blackhawk .177, 1200 fps with alloy pellets and 1000 with lead.

ruger-blackhawk-2244010.JPG

This started out as a .177 Cal Crosman pumper pistol. I swapped in a steel breech and 18" .22 Cal barrel, a rifle stock and a cheapo scope. Just recently added the paracord wrap on the stock.

0ee09de43aee3db31ded4fceec119c87.jpg

I have another in .177 with the steel breech mod. Not sure what other changes are in store for it. These things are the AR-15 of the air gun world. Lots of parts and mods available. They usually max out around 700 FPS depending on mods.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I stopped at Cabela's last night and picked up another Daisy 880. It was my favorite gun when I was a kid. I didn't get a chance to open it and check it out, I hope it's still as good a gun as it remember it. It was an impulse buy.

I was pretty happy to see 22lr at Cabela's as well and picked up 1200 rounds (their daily limit). I think a road trip every payday may be in order for a while. I also picked up a another 1k while traveling through Ohio for a fishing trip. How can Walmart claim they only get a box or two per delivery when Cabela's has a whole shelf of various brands?

I work close to Walmart and it's like that you have to know when to go in in order to find certain ammunition.

And then it's a grab-bag. I see different brands all the time. That's where I got 16 gauge shotshells and 22 Magnums. I've never seen them there recently.

Back