• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Camo~ patterns and techniques for firearms, bows and gear

I love that US4CES camo....

The mandrake does look dark in that example. I've seen others that look lighter and GunSkins has said some of their patterns appear lighter than the original because they begin with a white background.

In this example, the mandrake looks lighter.

View attachment 9210

I think the highlander would work later in the season, or in the fields after they've been harvested, but for the woods I think the mandrake will do nicely.

Gunskins recently released "military OCP". Not calling it multicam likely for licensing reasons I suppose.

Also found another company that has Kryptek pattern in a few different colors including highlander and mandrake. Typhon too I believe.

okay guys, got all the supplies, and kit to do my hydro dip. Thinking of doing the upper and lower in two halves, and the scope, in mount seperate. wondering how far down i should thake the parts piece wise. Remove trigger group or no? mag release can probably stay, bolt catch release? safety? obviously BCG will come out. Leave dust cover on and closed? or do it seperate? buffer/spring will come out. leave barrel in upper? or remove and do seperate, or not at all? also how should i mask off the lenses of the scope, tape? of smear with grease than wipe clean after?

dieselmudder said okay guys, got all the supplies, and kit to do my hydro dip.

how far down i should thake the parts piece wise. Remove trigger group or no?

no, you can leave the trigger group just fine, remove the selector and do it separately in some scrap film

mag release can probably stay,

Better without it.

bolt catch release?

OK to leave it on, especially if you're doing the upper/lower seperately

safety?

see above, do it seperately so the film will cover the lower better without leaving a gap in the coverage

obviously BCG will come out. Leave dust cover on and closed? or do it seperate?

Dip the cover with a scrap big enough to cover both sides, basically dipping the cover in the center of the film to get both sides in one dip.

buffer/spring will come out. leave barrel in upper?

Sure, you can mask it off with tape if you need to

or remove and do seperate, or not at all? also how should i mask off the lenses of the scope, tape?

I always used paper towels wadded up inside the lens cavity and cover around the edge with masking tape to keep any film or activator or clearcoat from getting on the lens.

You really don't want that.

of smear with grease than wipe clean after?

Also, have a sprayer handy to spray off the residual film after dipping the part. Hot (warm) will remove it faster/easier BUT can also fade the pattern if you get it too hot or use too much pressure when it's hot.

A garden hose on mist while rubbing the part usually works to remove any excess.

also tip 2, use water about 70 degrees to dip the parts in. The activator does better when it's around 70*

Wish I could push the like button twice.

Tell him he done great.

I especially like the fact that he dipped it in one piece and the pattern is seamless, just as it would look from a PROFESSIONAL, because even most gun makers will dip the part and mix n match them and they look like crap warmed over.

This is goooood work. :cool:

thanks guys

I'll let him know John and that a big complement considering the number of camo guns that have been in your safe

By all means, he did a good job, so I'll be the first to say it.

Has he done any ATACS yet?

That pattern is really starting to call to me.

I don't think so but I was a hair from doing it and went with the Kryptec for some reason....

I have some ATAC in FG . A buddy and I were set up for elk before sun up one morning.

After my buddy was fed up with the wait he came looking for me and knew right where I was

I was prone with my rifle and as he approached me he stepped on my leg and scared the crap out of him because he was focused on my rifle but couldn't see my legs

it was a dark rainy day though but still that's good camo

LOL.

To date, my favorite camo pattern is Natural Gear. It works really good where I'm at, but I'm wondering how the atacs would work. I'm betting it would be really good, and maybe better, but I'm reserving judgment until I see it in my woods myself.

Natural gear, ATAC, Multi are my fav.......the Krypec is really cool though. It looks strange up close but if you step off of it a little it gets real magical

I'll get some pics of the rifle in the wild sometime , they really take on the environment and get a "depth" to the pattern

there are some cool explanations of it and how it works on the net

still I have killed more stuff in a flannel shirt lol

I'm still in the middle of a rattle can Kryptec job I started a while back on one of my .22 plinkers. Have the base colors sprayed on already and waiting on my adhesive vinyl to arrive so I can make the stencils...

Looks bada$$. Not just the pattern, but the quality of work. Wish i could send a few complete builds across the country for him to do for me.

Dude...wth? now you just post random pictures of a fence? Or are we s'posta be looking at that nice green grass and leaves?
yahoo.gif

Back