• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Camo~ patterns and techniques for firearms, bows and gear

Oooh...Now I see it.. ;)

Very cool man. It looks badass....

There he goes again....posting random pix of trees n stuff. ;)

Oli...that looks awesome. It really does. You must be happier than a kid in a candy store....

@oli700 How's the hydrodip holding up?

I just saw something of interest from GunSkins on their Instagram account. It's a worn pattern available in FDE, OD, and white. Unfortunately it's availability is limited to AR rifles as well as pistols and also the "gear skins" pack. GunSkins says if there's enough interest in it, it may be expanded to other platforms.

image.jpg image.jpg

I'll be honest here. I don't really like that.

Just spray paint a gun and sand half of it back down with a brillo pad.

@oli700 How's the hydrodip holding up?

I just saw something of interest from GunSkins on their Instagram account. It's a worn pattern available in FDE, OD, and white. Unfortunately it's availability is limited to AR rifles as well as pistols and also the "gear skins" pack. GunSkins says if there's enough interest in it, it may be expanded to other platforms.

View attachment 11661 View attachment 11662
its good, getting wear on the rail where I take the bipod on and off.

there are spots where i thought I should have lost it but didn't. one in particular I dropped it hard enough on an exposed rock, on the butt, that it sounded like the barrel was still vibrating after it landed . Thought that had to leave a mark but no, the entire butt plate was unscathed,I don't run a rubber butt pad

It has beat all the camo off the brass deflector ........

I think its going to be fine mostly....I am not convinced cleaning/lube isn't going to affect it . It did "soak in" some CLP .....where does it go ?....

My son wants to redo it because he thinks the rail and shell deflector shouldn't be doing that and fears it wont hold up but really I dont care. Its camo, it gets the piss shot out of it, dropped , kicked.....whatever.....pick it up and shoot moa lol.....as long as it shoots . If any one coments on the beat up gun I'll embarrass them with it

I think if you can get a deal on hydro then do it , if it is in the realm of the cost of paint ......I would still rather have the paint

I'll be honest here. I don't really like that.

Just spray paint a gun and sand half of it back down with a brillo pad.

I like it in this case because its not permanent. Should one use the GunSkins and not dig it, it can be removed. Otherwise rattle can would be less expensive and accomplish the same thing. I'm not brave enough to just paint a gun. I envy those of you out there who are! :)

This is probably my best Krylon rattle can job. I've paid to have things cerakoted and duracoated... but I for the money... really just can't beat rattle caning. If you do your part in prepping the surface (brake cleaner and denatured alcohol) bake your parts at 180 Degrees for a couple hours it'll last a good while. Although I do have to admit... my krylon jobs are purely for aesthetics, not as a rust preventative. Used three colors (Khaki, brown and OD green) and a laundry bag for the snake skin effect.

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

I used fish net stockings for the snakeskin effect.

This is probably my best Krylon rattle can job. I've paid to have things cerakoted and duracoated... but I for the money... really just can't beat rattle caning. If you do your part in prepping the surface (brake cleaner and denatured alcohol) bake your parts at 180 Degrees for a couple hours it'll last a good while. Although I do have to admit... my krylon jobs are purely for aesthetics, not as a rust preventative. Used three colors (Khaki, brown and OD green) and a laundry bag for the snake skin effect.

View attachment 11721

View attachment 11722
very nice.....and the rifle, wow!

-1 for exposing the the advertisement :p......gear whore 101

View attachment 11721

View attachment 11722

That's baller.

Back