• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

*** Merry Christmas ***

. . the Tommy Burst Detective Set. . . They just don’t make ’em like this anymore...

Oh, no kidding! You'd be vilified by every bleeding heart group in the country.

I never had one of these, but I would have loved it!

I had the regular Matel chrome and "ivory" Colt style cowboy six-shooters with roll caps.

I also had a plastic "secret agent" gun from Matel which was ostensibly a portable radio, but with a button push converted to a folding stock assault rifle.

Of course we didn't know it was an evil assault rifle. Back then I just had the coolest toy gun on the block.

My mom spent her cigarette money to buy me that toy. Bless her heart.

Everyone should own at least one lever action...mine is the Winchester Model 1894...chambered in .30WCF and built in 1977.

Oldie...but goodie !!

I'm in Cul-fern-ya.

Rhymes with gol-dern-ya.

Here it's considered a pistol of evil proportions or some such crap.

You can own one. You just can't import or build a new one anymore and get it registered. When you went to register it they would take it away and mash it.

If you got caught shooting one you had cut they'd give you a graybar vacation too.

I can buy a used one that is already registered, but it would be a felony if I cut mine off, as it's registered as a specific length.

I'm in Cul-fern-ya.

Rhymes with gol-dern-ya.

Here it's considered a pistol of evil proportions or some such crap.

You can own one. You just can't import or build a new one anymore and get it registered. When you went to register it they would take it away and mash it.

If you got caught shooting one you had cut they'd give you a graybar vacation too.

I can buy a used one that is already registered, but it would be a felony if I cut mine off, as it's registered as a specific length.

How you guys put up with that kind of BS... it would drive me insane!

What makes you think average Californians are sane? :p

Look at the nutcases they send to DC to rep us.

It's not just about guns. Everything here is designed to make you spend $ to avoid agravation. That drives everyone crazy.

Pay-as-you-go sanity. :oops:

Great photo and wonderful message, Shooter.

You are so committed to the group of owners.com and I highly praise your dedication.

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

Back