• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What song are you listening to right now

Threw this CD in the truck on my way to work.......

It happened a lot when they were new, back in the early 90s. The Gin Blossoms kinda got pigeon-holed as a goofy, jangle-pop garage band, kinda a modern day throwback to the melodic pop of the 60s. A little closer listen, lyrically, shows that a lot of the lyrics dealt with broken hearts and the drug and alcohol problems of guitarist Doug Hopkins. Listening to the CD closely, with a pair of good headphones, shows great production, and better musical writing and arrangement than pretty much any of the other alternative groups of the early 90s. Their first major CD, "New Miserable Experience", was fantastic. They never really had another hit CD. They had a couple singles, "Til I hear it from you", which was on a movie soundtrack, and "Follow you down", that was released on the "Congratulations, I'm Sorry" album.

One of my favorite songs, by my favorite guest star, from my favorite episode, of my favorite 80s TV series.....
Great song. You are really not going to like the latest news.

I forgot how good ".....And Justice For All" was. Groundbreaking, really, for 1988. Hard to believe its almost 30 years old.

Back