• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Streamlight

Just mounted a Streamlight Polytac on a Magpul rail mount to the carbine...

http://www.streamlight.com/it-it/product/product.html?pid=159

PolyTac®
The all-purpose PolyTac is designed for the broadest range of lighting applications at the best value. It features a superior grip texture for a comfortable but slip-resistant feel, as well as TEN-TAP® Programming that gives users the choice of three operating modes.
  • C4® LED technology within a parabolic reflector produces a concentrated beam with optimum peripheral illumination
  • TEN-TAP® Programming: Choice of three operating modes:
    1.) high/strobe/low (factory default); 2.) high only; 3.) low/high:
    • High for bright light: 275 lumens; 9,500 candela; 195m beam distance; runs 3 hours
    • Low for when less light is needed and for longer run times: 14 lumens; 500 candela; runs 65 hours
    • Strobe for disorienting or signaling: runs 5.5 hours
  • Solid State power regulation provides maximum light output throughout battery life
  • Reflector produces a concentrated beam with optimum peripheral illumination — ideal for law enforcement backup light; day-to-day industrial use; maintaining vehicles; general contracting work
  • High-impact, super-tough nylon polymer for exceptional durability and a superior grip texture to provide a comfortable but slip-resistant feel
  • IPX7 rated design; waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes
  • Powered by two 3V CR123A lithium batteries (included)
  • 5.34 in. (13.56 cm); 4.2 oz (121 grams) with batteries
  • Available in Black, Coyote and Yellow
  • Limited lifetime warranty

Here's some info on the mount...

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG498/rails

The Rail Light Mount fits on any standard 1913 Picatinny Rail, is available in right or left side models, and integrates with the Magpul XTM panels. It positions the weapon light high and cantilevered forward, at the 11 o'clock or 1 o'clock position, to allow a more forward support hand position, keep the light tucked in close to the bore, and to minimize barrel shadow. A textured thumb ramp is integrated to provide the user an index point, aiding consistent hand placement and light activation.

Constructed of reinforced polymer, the Rail Light Mount nearly eliminates light compatibility concerns by conveniently including everything you need to mount Surefire 300 and 600 series Scout Lights, 1913 Picatinny attachment pistol lights, and all light bodies from 0.75" to 1.03" in diameter via the included set of anodized aluminum mounting rings.
Models are available to position the light high at 11 o'clock (LT, Left side model) or one o'clock (RT, Right side model).

Made in U.S.A.

The PolyTac seems like a great light so far and the Magpul mount is pretty versatile. Used a right side mount on the top rail to position the light at 11 o'clock. With the AFG2 this puts my thumb right in position to activate the light...

Ordered a Protac 1L and Protac HL and they arrived today...

The Protac 1L...

An ultra-compact tactical light, the ProTac® 1L is small and easy to carry, and uses a single lithium battery. The light is one of the most versatile personal carry lights available for users, from law enforcement personnel to industrial technicians.
  • Features Ten-Tap® Programming – Choose from three user selectable programs:
    1.) high/strobe/low (factory default)
    2.) high only
    3.) low/high
  • C4® LED illumination output and run times:
    HIGH - 180 lumens; 3,800 candela peak beam intensity; runs 2 hours
    LOW - 12 lumens; 250 candela peak beam intensity; runs 24 hours
    STROBE – runs 4 hours
  • Includes one 3V CR123A lithium battery and nylon holster
  • Solid State power regulation provides maximum light output throughout battery life
  • Rubber push-button tail switch
  • Durable, anodized aluminum construction with impact-resistant tempered glass lens
  • IPX7 waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes; 2 meter impact resistance tested
  • Unbreakable pocket clip
  • Anti-roll head
  • 3.43” (8.71 cm); 2 oz (57 grams)
  • RoHS compliant

The Protac HL...

The compact and powerful ProTac HL shines brighter - producing a blinding 600 lumen beam to flood a large area with light.
  • Ten-Tap® Programming – Choice of three user selectable programs:
    1.) high/strobe/low; 2.) high only; 3.) low/high
  • C4® LED technology, impervious to shock with a 50,000 hour lifetime
  • 3 light output levels:
    High for maximum illumination: 600 lumens; 18,300 candela peak beam intensity; 270m beam distance; runs 1.25 hours
    Low for a less intense beam and longer run time: 35 lumens; 900 candela peak beam intensity; 60m beam distance; runs 18 hours
    Strobe for disorienting or signaling: runs 2.5 hours
  • Multi-function, push-button tail switch for one-handed operation
  • Optimized electronics provide regulated intensity
  • Durable anodized machined aircraft aluminum construction; O-ring sealed glass lens
  • Anti-roll head prevents the light from rolling away when you set it down
  • Removable pocket clip
  • IPX7; waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes
  • 1 meter impact resistance tested
  • Includes two 3V CR123A lithium batteries and nylon holster
  • 5.40" (13.7 cm); 5.6 oz. (159g) with batteries
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • RoHS compliant

These will replace two of my mounted lights. The Protac 1L will replace an old iTac TFL2 that's mounted on my pistol. Both lights are pretty small. The Protac 1L is a bit smaller and a little brighter at 180 lumens vs. the 120 lumens output from the TFL2. I like that the buttons on the Protac series lights are shrouded, making it more difficult for the button to be accidentally depressed while riding in a case or carry bag...

It sits right up next to the front sight with the button in close reach...

The Protac HL will replace the Streamlight Polytac that's mounted on my carbine. They are roughly the same size...

...but the output difference, 600 lumens HL vs. the 275 lumen Polytac makes the Protac HL better suited for outdoor use...

I have had great luck with the PolyTac's North of 500rds through my 590 with the PolyTac in the Elzetta mount and over 2500 rds with a PolyTac on my AR. No issues.

I like my TLR1. Have it on my K245.

My usual rifle/carbine mounted lights are a ray-o-vac indestructible AA light though.

Man, they look great and your pics as always are awesome!

Thank you Sir.

I have several of these things now. I keep another ProTac HL strapped to the roll bar in the Jeep for quick access...

We also have a PolyTac in almost every room of the house for emergency use...

Cant find any manufacturer details on weapon rating, but it's held up great on my 5.56 pistol...

No problem.

I don't baby it either. The pistol gets tossed around in the Jeep, dropped in the gravel, and banged around at the range. I haven't managed to break it yet, so it's ok by me...

I wish there was a switch lock on these lights. I found my AR's TLR-1HL had been activated inside its soft case. Not real good for the nylon or the batteries :-(

Used to be Surefire was the only way to go, and I have several of them. But I'm now tending to buy Streamlights. I just get more for a lower cost.

Back