• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AK47 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
AK Operators Union

To save explaining it, below is a link to the video.

After their receiver bent not allowing the bolt to slide, they basically said they were inferior and folks jumped on board damning the Yugo's outright.

After dragging it behind a car, running over it with an SUV, throwing it in the river, shooting it with a shotgun, dropping it and basically all kinds of things that I'd never willingly put one of my weapons through.

Myself, I'm not so convinced that it's a problem with the rifle, but

AK Operators Union

To save explaining it, below is a link to the video.

After their receiver bent not allowing the bolt to slide, they basically said they were inferior and folks jumped on board damning the Yugo's outright.

After dragging it behind a car, running over it with an SUV, throwing it in the river, shooting it with a shotgun, dropping it and basically all kinds of things that I'd never willingly put one of my weapons through.

Myself, I'm not so convinced that it's a problem with the rifle, but

If anybody wants to get rid of theirs they can give them to me. Zastava probably didn't pay for a good review. If it fired okay after being run over by an SUV ,dropping it didn't bend the receiver.

I report, you decide.

Personally, I didn't rush out and sell mine either.

I have noticed some mushrooming on my bolt/firing pin from the Tapco trigger (contour) that many have complained about, but I am on the list for one of the new ALG triggers which should resolve that.

I also installed extended hammer/trigger pins and an extra power recoil spring and power custom 1 piece trigger plate which replaces the traditional shepherds hook out of an abundance of caution, but the parts only cost about $21, which is insignificant to the cost of a new/different gun.

Those were minor changes I was going to make anyway because that's how I have my other one set up just to make things easier.

2a3a19bac420f03650ff6414e1f01d02.jpg

My Arsenal SAM7R-66 Bulgarian milled receiver

The next step is done.
Sure... I lost a little bit from the original AK look but the new handling is awesome good :)

Four modifikations at the long TROY bottom handguard and one at the handguard retainer ring and the new handguard fits pretty good. I'm afraid to take more material from the inner handguard bands so the handguard is not 100% in balance (horizontally aligned?) but sits firmly and does not "wobble" :)

Nsi0dc.jpg

The TROY gastube and a Vortex Viper 1-4x24 MOA SFP (capped) is ordered.

Last edited:
Two new features at the Arsenal and f*** the EU-Commision for their gun ban plans against legal gunowner!

Extended mag release (CAA)
NhUy2P.jpg

and the best sling ever (SOB)
fJwMYk.jpg

Still waiting for my Vortex optic till end of 2015 :-/ Than I buy a Meopta ZD 1-4x22 RD.
More expensive but better and available!

That's a very nice AK. And I also agree about the gun grabbers. Hillary Clinton is running for President and is echoing the Euro chants for confiscation. That would mean all out civil war in the US if that were to happen.

I recently installed an Arsenal/Bulgarian trigger in my AK. I polished the trigger/hammer contact points with 400 grit paper and it's VERY nice.

AK-Update...

This is our scottish PSC "Mr. White" with my bulgarian tool...
6sUNwW.jpg

...and a closer look at the Bushnell AR223 sight 1-4x24 Throw Down PCL...
yY1RtY.jpg

Illuminated BTR-1 reticle...
AR91424I_2.jpg

Last edited:
I have never had the desire to own a Russian gun.
Right after Reagan had it out with Gorby my wife bought me a new windbreaker at Sears. A David Taylor brand.
Inside it said "Made in Russia". I almost cried.

So WTH should I want an AK47? I'm just not feeling it here. o_O

Reliability, very good bullet design.

Russia, China, Yugoslavia/Serbia, Bulgarian, Egyptian, what's the difference?

So WTH should I want an AK47?

good for the collection maybe? Historic ?

while not the top of my list they are neat. I like tearing into something hard with a bunch of Russian x39. Puts the hurt on all kinds of stuff .......I still don't own one but I shoot others....

Ya know, I guess I'd feel a lot different if I'd captured one in Asia and smuggled it home as a souvenir. :cool:

But to go buy one there's no attraction, or at least almost none and that goes for all Russian products.
Chinese, Yugoslav or whatever . . .:oops:

BTW when I found out my new Springfield was made in Croatia, that was depressing.

BTW when I found out my new Springfield was made in Croatia, that was depressing.
well now, that is actually a good thing.
XD was such a good pistol Springfield has no issue putting their name on it
Unlike the AK, Euro handguns tend to be much more precession, at very least in the barrels, exception being Glock but XD's and CZ come from the factory with match barrel specifications, good capacity and pride in construction........then you got all the German guns.
AND those satellite countries know nothing but war and conflict for generations, if they field it, its proven and they probably hate Russians more than you

I don't really hate Russians.

But I sure hate the idea of going to Sears and buying clothes from Russia.
And what's the deal that we can't make decent arms, and we buy our Army Berettas from the Italians?

Sure it's good stuff, the XDs is good stuff too.
But WTF is wrong with us that we don't make the best stuff here?

My pride is wounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back