• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Scopes, Rings, and Bases

. . . #441124 is the one I got . . .

56994.jpg

This is actually the scope I should buy because I'm just a casual shooter.

But I'm stuck on a Leupold Goldring, & will have to wait for the Big bux to accumulate.

Ok, the main reason I'm only a casual shooter is my eyesight, and there, every dime I spend on optics is worth it to me.

A Leupold 3-9x 40mm with ftp reticle, electric firedot, and parallax costs less than I spend on eyeglasses per year.

This may change somewhat. I am 60 and soon expected to have cataract surgery; and afterwards I may really be surprised at the improvement in vision.

What probably won't change is my love for Leupold optics.

I guess there are better, but I couldn't ask for better than the 2 that I own.

Last edited:
Ohhhh . . . Lookie what I bought for the Mariner .30-30!

1457043668150-74329731.jpg
Only $25 Kwik-Site brand and I think it'll fit with the ejection port with minimal grinding.

I will have to re-drill it, as it's for a Handi-rifle Tracker.

Now I need to paint the Tasco or buy a silver scope.
1457044053649639596586.jpg

Well I must do more than just drill it because it's a little bit too short to work with the Mossberg 464. The one that's on there now fits the Thompson contender or Thompson encore and this one too is Marked for the Encore, but evidently it was remarked for the handi rifle I didn't know the difference but I do know it won't fit without some adapting, so we're going to have to get creative here if I want to use the Silver Beast.

I drilled and countersunk and cut a relief for the shell ejection port and buffed it all out a little bit.
20160312_122221-1.jpg
20160312_111207.jpg

14578149165461148778326.jpg
Yep that's what's got to get out of there.

Bore sighting in the garage:

20160312_134937-1.jpg

There's a beautiful silver Leupold Scope setting in the case down at the local gun store waiting for me to reach payday.

For now the old four power Tasco will still have to do.

I try, but not always successful.
I'd sure like to improve that Caldwell bipod mount on my Savage target rifle. I was going to buy a Harris bipod until I realized it was just a sturdier version of the Caldwell.

In my opinion the split pin design of the draw down clamp is a fatal flaw of all the bipods witch share this same clamp design, as the Harris, Champion, Caldwell Etc.

20160312_231447-1.jpg Who says you can't rock stripes and plaid at the same time?

That's my wife's new Ruger 10/22 and my Mossberg .30-30 with the modified KwikSite scope mount.

We took them to the range today for a quick shout-out and the new ruger was a beautiful shooter.

The Mossberg did beautifully too. I ran a dozen rounds through it turning up the scope and everything stayed nice and tight.

The Dirty Little Secret is this:
8 screws hold the scope to that bracket but only two screws hold it to the top of the receiver.

And those babies are really tight!

I could have mounted it with three screws instead of 2 but I would have had to drill 3 holes instead of one to make it work. I thought I would try this first & if I screw it up I can get a new one for 25 bux and start over.

Last edited:
Okay guys I got this silver Mossberg Silver Kwiksite mount, and I got the silver Leupold rifle scope to go with it!

(I'm sorry Oli I guess I really am stuck up. But I've been looking at this one in the case at the local gun store for a long time and it's silver !)

This is the real Gold Ring but it's the entry-level Vx-1. Leupold lifetime warranty is legendary & I don't care about the fact that I probably overpaid a little bit for the scope as well.

I was in love when I saw it, and love always costs you money.
20160319_175155.jpg
Here it is compared to the Tasco I had on there:20160319_172720-1.jpg
20160319_172559-1.jpg

Okay guys I got this silver Mossberg Silver Kwiksite mount, and I got the silver Leupold rifle scope to go with it!

(I'm sorry Oli I guess I really am stuck up. But I've been looking at this one in the case at the local gun store for a long time and it's silver !)

This is the real Gold Ring but it's the entry-level Vx-1. Leupold lifetime warranty is legendary & I don't care about the fact that I probably overpaid a little bit for the scope as well.

I was in love when I saw it, and love always costs you money.
View attachment 11512
Here it is compared to the Tasco I had on there:View attachment 11513
View attachment 11514
Might as well stay with the original color scheme. The silver looks great.

It's probably a pain to keep clean.
You will notice that the Marinecote finish is a bit darker than the silver scope.

Last edited:
I remember you saying you liked a Leupold, caddmann and you've got it at last:D You should see very well with that 40mm objective too:)

I own two Leupold rifle scopes and a Leupold spotting scope now, and I love them all.

The silver one was actually the cheapest of all by a hundred dollars. It's just their entry level rifle scope.

The important thing is that 30-30 carbine is not going to blow it apart.

What I fear is that I might shoot the Kwiksite rings right off the gun.
I'd like to get a couple more screws into the receiver

Last edited:
LOL Well maybe just a hose clamp . . .;)

OFFICIAL RANGE REPORT:
The scope mount on my 30-30 did not come off, but it is so far off I could barely get on the paper once I was at 50 yards.

I'll need to shim up the back end to get in the ballpark. When I bore sighted the gun in my garage I figured I had it set about 2" up at 20'.

As it turns out it was about 2 feet high at 50 yds which put the elevation adjustment completely out of range.

But the gun runs well now. I am real happy with the way it Cycles.

I'll need another session or 2 to get it dialed in.

Perhaps even worse. :oops:

One night I couldn't get my motorcycle to start. It was after dark and I was the last one at work too.

So I went back in the office and pulled the battery out of one of the computer power supplies and wired that to the motorcycle.

Works like a charm.

Perhaps even worse. :oops:

One night I couldn't get my motorcycle to start. It was after dark and I was the last one at work too.

So I went back in the office and pulled the battery out of one of the computer power supplies and wired that to the motorcycle.

Works like a charm.
Desperate times call for desperate measures, LOL.

So I know alot of people have been struggling to get a rail to fit across the receiver, but what about this set up? I personally like it but I don't know how good it would be shooting wise, any opinions?

Attachments

• 844767_01_marlin_444_centerfire_lever_ac_640.jpg
    844767_01_marlin_444_centerfire_lever_ac_640.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 18
Back