• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

AR-15 and Variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interested to hear also. I always enjoy learning more about weapons in general, and especially the ones I own.

how do you et them apart ?
The BCG is still half way in the tube and half way in the upper

Lock your BCG back with the bolt catch. Pop both pins, slide forward and lift. Bolt drops home. I just did it to be sure I wasnt talking out my ass.

Well, if i had a hexmag, id try it for shits an giggles. But ive got magpul, and troy. I guess i could try it with a troy.

OK I finally got back to this.

The BCG had been released. You could pull the charging handle back, and the bolt would retract, but it would just spring forward again. The de-cocking latch (bolt catch) could not trip in either direction. It would not latch the bolt retracted. It would not release because it was already released.

We had 2 people trying to hold the gun, pull the charging lever, and push the bullet button, while a 3rd yanked on the magazine. It would not budge.

Finally we pulled the pins, pulled the upper up and forward with a slight yank, and it came off.

At that moment the bolt shot home with a good *clang* and the mag just fell out on the bench by itself.

Finally we pulled the pins, pulled the upper up and forward with a slight yank, and it came off.
At that moment the bolt shot home with a good *clang* and the mag just fell out on the bench by itself.
Blah, blah, blah. If there is no video it didn't happen. [History 101 in 2016] :p

I forget. It was one of those overpriced designer cigars.

I gave these up 8 years ago but I have one every two years or something when I go fishing.

One of my buddies at work has a new baby recently and he gave me this so, I was obliged to smoke it.

Anybody been looking into the new Fostec Echo trigger? Seems like theyre really getting the design refined, and keeping reliability, and safety as a priority. I can definately see it being applicable to real world use. Not as just a novelty item, to be played with at the range. Any other opinions?

I don't know what's in mine. It's not the regulation GI trigger though. It's not a drop-in cartridge either. It works well.

Anybody been looking into the new Fostec Echo trigger? Seems like theyre really getting the design refined, and keeping reliability, and safety as a priority. I can definately see it being applicable to real world use. Not as just a novelty item, to be played with at the range. Any other opinions?
haven't heard of it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back