• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

$39 firearm suppressors and no form 4 required

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Yep. It's the truth. Here is the ad

http://www.guncity.com/outdoor-outfitters-silencer-rimfire-22cal-economy-choose-colour-213702

Before you start your grabbing for your wallet and doing a happy dance, this ad is for New Zealand, so I just wanted to show what was possible when the government wasn't involved in things. Plus, I know a few members here are from NZ, so here ya go.

I also noted the ad also stated:
There are no age or licence restrictions on silencer sales.

AMERICA. Land of the Free.

Support the Hearing Protection Act bill.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/3799/text

Australia and USA are not allowed these unless it is for Military/Law Enforcement....

Like John said...let your voice be heard.

The main point I was trying to make was that they too could be this inexpensive in the US if the gov't didn't have it's nose and hands in everyones business and pockets.

Anytime you add Government to anything, nothing good will ever come from it.

This is a prime example.

They're not regulated there, and if you take into consideration conversion rates for their money, it's the equivelant of what we call $25. That's less than a box of premium ammo. Think about that for a few minutes and ask yourself why even a cheap suppressor here in the US will cost upwards of $400 by the time you get to bring it home.

Shows you how much the US AR and Suppressor manufacturers screw us, the mark up is ridiculous. AR prices have come down the last few years with all the competetion though.

Shows you how much the US AR and Suppressor manufacturers screw us, the mark up is ridiculous. AR prices have come down the last few years with all the competetion though.

It's not really so much manufacturers.

Sure, they mark up stuff as much as they can. That much is going to be a given.

But when you get down to it, manufacturers have to pay $200 a year for manufacturing licensing. The special occupations tax is going to cost either $500 or $1000 depending on income (a year). Itar is $2500. Having to pay sales tax, insurance, workers comp insurance, utility bills, property tax, and advertising. Let alone the cost of materials and tooling and employee wages. Travel expenses for specialty shows like shot show and other large venues.

And all that before you even sell your very first silencer.

Back