• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Owners Forum Troubleshooting...

that's why I listed as an FYI.
Love the site. Just joined, but have been lurking for some time as a guest trying to read up on things before I actually signed in. Looking forward to hanging around a while longer!

Our traffic has been overwhelming the past few weeks and we upgraded the server twice! Hopefully we will get it all fixed with the lastest attempt.

That's from our head honcho...hopefully soon too...

PROBLEM WITH CONTACT US
A member and I have agreed that we would like to make our Private Conversation, public. There was no response from my using the Contact Us button, when I emailed the Forum to ask if going public was possible. I thought that my experiences with my 464 might interest the other owners.

It is possible that my inexpertise is the cause of my failure to make contact. I hope that this is the right way to go.

PROBLEM WITH CONTACT US
A member and I have agreed that we would like to make our Private Conversation, public. There was no response from my using the Contact Us button, when I emailed the Forum to ask if going public was possible. I thought that my experiences with my 464 might interest the other owners.

It is possible that my inexpertise is the cause of my failure to make contact. I hope that this is the right way to go.

Is it possible to copy and paste your messages either in to an existing thread or a new one?

If all participating members of the private message are OK with making their conversation public, there is no reason that I see where you couldn't do so.

I do appreciate that you read the rules and were courteous enough to make sure before doing it.

Thank you sir.

Hey Guys,

It's been a couple years since I posted on here - mainly because life is busy and I haven't had as much time to spend on the forums.

Anyhoo - I've noticed I am not able to:
  1. Search or Find any of my Threads that I've started. The 'Search' function will not display any Threads or any content posted by me (Benson X) when I use the 'Posted by Member' option.
  2. When I try to access the 'Your Content' link from my profile, it says "No Results Found"
  3. I can still access my 'Watched Threads' and find my old threads that way, but it will not let Edit them (there is no button or option to edit any of my posts).

The main reason I am hoping to resolve this issue is so I can update my Threads and Posts to fix the broken Image links. DropBox changed their policy last year and no longer support image hosting on other sites, so all my old images are now dead links. I have been SLOWLY tracking down all the broken images across the various forums I belong to and re-hosting the images on Google Photos and re-posting the new images/links. I've had a couple messages from members asking me to fix the images in my threads here, but I have no way to (easily) find them or edit them.

Please let me know how I can resolve this, or if you have any ideas how to fix the Search/ Your Content options so I can find my threads and edit them. Thanks in advance for the help! :)

let me check on it. We changed forum software a while ago, so that may be a reason, and then when i do a quick check, it shows 9 posts that are in our "trash" area. But the pictures show up.
Yet it shows you have 176 posts...weird.

the only pic i don't see is the one in your signature...

let me check on it. We changed forum software a while ago, so that may be a reason, and then when i do a quick check, it shows 9 posts that are in our "trash" area. But the pictures show up.
Yet it shows you have 176 posts...weird.

the only pic i don't see is the one in your signature...
Yeah - it's weird. Must be due to the switch; I can't see, or lookup, any of my (old) Posts or the Threads I've started. The ones I could find using the 'Watched Threads' tool won't allow me to Edit my OP to change the Image URL, it only has the 'Report' option.

Here are a few examples I've found that I need to update:
Screenshot of what I see when I pull up my old Posts/Threads (no Edit option, Images have broken URL/Dropbox links that I need to update):
Mossberg Owners.png

Tried to update my Signature image as well, but it won't allow it to save since I'm not a paying member any longer.

I think my credit card on file has since expired.

Google search

benson x site:mossbergowners.com

That will help with finding posts albiet not as easy as a forum search should be.

Google search

benson x site:mossbergowners.com

That will help with finding posts albiet not as easy as a forum search should be.
Thanks Mike!

Now I just need to see how to restore my ability to 'EDIT' those old posts and threads so I can update the image links. Any ideas?

Out of curiosity: Was there a MO forum failure today Wed 3/27/19?
At 9am EDT I could get no response from the site except for a Keep Waiting error message.
Still bad about 10am. Tried both computer and phone.

Everything was back to OK at 4pm EDT.

Yeah, it went down a little after 9AM. I don't know when it came back on. The sister sites were out too.

Back