• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Posting Pictures

Also...you can also click save image then load it directly using the upload a file option below the reply box....

Nice grips! :)

Did you use the image thingy or is that from your phone?
This site won't let me upload directly from my phone. It always says the image is too large. So I'll post it to FB then save it from there and post it here....
On WB it let's me post from my phone with no problems. I think Dan has the max file set too small. But that means if he enlarges it, then it'll be more bandwith which is more money....WB doesn't worry about that. They have plenty of auctions and donations there.

Yep, it's set to 1mg max. I email pics to myself and reduce size if needed so I can upload here.

set the camera on its lowest rez first.

If thats too big, just zoom the camera in some first.

That reduces the actual size.

And you can ofen crop the picture and reduce it enough to get below 1 Megabyte

set the camera on its lowest rez first.

If thats too big, just zoom the camera in some first.

That reduces the actual size.

And you can ofen crop the picture and reduce it enough to get below 1 Megabyte

Tried that too...still doesn't let me post one...

It should be the individual photo size that counts. I've posted several large-ish photo in one post and never had an issue.
We do like to see photos of shotguns posted in the section specific to the model number, just to make it easier to find posts and information by model...

It should be the individual photo size that counts. I've posted several large-ish photo in one post and never had an issue.
We do like to see photos of shotguns posted in the section specific to the model number, just to make it easier to find posts and information by model...

Excellent, thank you very much.

I haven't tried it yet, but isn't there also a limit on how many pix can go in a post? I wanna say 10, but I'm not certain about that.

Ok....I just checked. 10 It is.

For including pics into one single post, these following easy technical details should be explained somewhere in the forum with a link if possible:

a) max pics per post, if any,

b) max size per pic, if any,

c) max size for all pics, if any.

Thank you.

EDIT: b) max 1MB per each pic.

Last edited:
Ten pix per post....and 10MB total.
1 picture =1mb...10 pictures = 10mb...

Thank you.

So to recap for future readers:

a) max 1MB per pic,

b) max 10 pics per post

c) max 10MB total pics size per post.

Any chance b) can be increased to 20 pics per post for a total of max 20MB total size per post?

Thank you.

I can not seem to post my pix. I do not post them on other sites except FB and I would rather advertise what guns I have on FB to someone to steal. Can I not share from my hard drive?

@kf4ocv , I post pix from 2 different phones. The old one I have no problems w/ because the size is small enuff. The newer one I have to open the pic up in some paint program that will allow me to crop it to get the size down. I don't know exactly what size to shoot for but it doesn't take much reduction to get it to fit. I don't know if that is any help or not.

You do not want to serve up pictures from your own hard drive. Anytime someone open the thread with your picture in it, the Mossberg server would try to access your hard drive.

Basically, when the Mossberg site got busy your computer could slow to a crawl.

There are security reasons as well, why you should not do this, unless you are a professional who knows how not to get himself hacked.

The easy thing to do on my Android phone is start an email message, attach the photos which are too large, and the email program will ask you to reduce them and by how much.

Once you do this, a reduced copy is stored in your phone, and you can upload it to Mossberg owners.

You don't actually have to send that email to anyone and you can just cancel it when you are done.

I could use a paint program to do the same thing, but this is more convenient because it allows you to resize multiple images at once.

Back