• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Lever Guns

*yawn*
Late night in the shop. I'm upholstering my big gun case, & there's a lot of hand stitching involved. At least a thousand stitches just in the past 2 nights.

Anyhow, I set it up with some covered foam bolsters that I can remove & change if I want to put different guns in it.

It's really set up for the .22 target rifle with big scope, and the Mossberg .30-30 carbine.
20160127_011320-1.jpg

I got the big loop and sight rail from Henry and mounted on the .357 BigBoy rifle. I had to cut a third slot in the rail to get the site in the "scout" position.

20160210_232734-1.jpg

The sight is one I got from a friend who had it on a big target pistol. I wanted to see if it would work on this gun, but it's a cheap one (Aimshot brand) and it'll probably be replaced soon enough.

This is the best photo I could get of the sight picture, but because of the prisms or something it looks all wrong.

20160210_233154-1.jpg

I'll go test it at the range Sunday.

I'm really digging the big loop lever BTW. The Mossberg lever gun is going to get one as well.

Last edited:
Anyone own a Lever??

I've had this Winchester Model 94AE .44 Magnum for a while now. This is one fine shooting hard hitting SOB!!!

Iron sights are excellent, I've shot about 100 rounds of Hornady Leverevolution ammo 225 grain and kick like a mule!! http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/de ... ber=765870

The Hornady with the red tip, Blazer next to it a 9mm for comparison..

The Winchester Model 94AE

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I love lever action, always did. I owned a Marlin 1894 in .44 Magnum 25 years ago or so and sold it to fund the purchase of a dirt bike!!

Very nice I've only owned one Marlin myself. I would certainly own another.

What scope is that?

I put this Silver Leupold Goldring VX-1 on my Mossberg .30-30 & with the tall mount I really like it.
20160319_175155.jpg

But I am not Hunting with this. This is my thumper target shooting gun. :)

By the way this gun is getting broken in really well. The action is really solid and smooth now. I'm always shooting Hornaday now. American whitetails.

Very nice I've only owned one Marlin myself. I would certainly own another.

What scope is that?

I put this Silver Leupold Goldring VX-1 on my Mossberg .30-30 & with the tall mount I really like it.
View attachment 12073

But I am not Hunting with this. This is my thumper target shooting gun. :)

By the way this gun is getting broken in really well. The action is really solid and smooth now. I'm always shooting Hornaday now. American whitetails.

I wish I new, it came on a 20 ga.
Shotgun , I had , and when I traded it in I took the scope off.
It's a 2.5 By 20.
I fig. If it can handel a shot gun , it should hold up on a 45-70.
I have gone all over it with magnifying glass , must of had a decal someware that came off.

I have the 450M as well , for when the going gets tuff.
I put the wever hunters peep
With the fire sight on the bow.20151104_085311.jpg20151104_085311.jpg
Don't have a close up of it, maybe I can take one quick

Nice , a frend of my wife use to hunt with a marlin 357.
I don't think she ever got a deer.
She hit a couple.
That Was back when my wife had her 243. My wife shot at a buck standing in the brush and never touch the deer. She came home and told me she needed a bigger gun. So I got her a big bore 94 in 307 win.

In this case, I don't see the guy hunting with it. He collects guns, shoots them, trades them. Maybe this one will stick around awhile, hopefully long enough that we can get together and I can shoot it too! Lol

This is a early 1960s Winchester 94 in .30-30 cal.
Win3030.jpg
The Mossberg 464 Trapdoor mechanism, lever, trigger, and safety are very much the same as Winchester.

Hammer.jpg
The bolt and Hammer are much different.

My buddy picked this up cheap and I am very jealous now. This is still a very solid gun.

9MPg7qg.jpg

JM stamped Marlins...
336 in 30-30 and a Guide Gun in 45-70.

By the way, that Winchester lever gun of my buddies shown a couple posts up was sold off a while back. Had I known that my buddy was wanting to sell it, I would have bought it at a handsome profit.

But then he would have had to look at it again, you see? The truth is, I think he sold it from embarrassment over a particular situation.

That old Winchester was a good solid gun & had not been over-used or abused. But when we went shooting at the rifle range it was consistently out-shot by my shorter Mossberg 30-30 lever gun. We both shot each rifle with the same results. We tried different ammo with the same results.

Anyhow it's too bad, but years ago my buddy bought a Mossberg semi-auto shotgun and it jammed up on him bad, and he's hated Mossberg's ever since.

So I guess selling the mod 94 to me would have been like airing ones dirty laundry in public. He never would have considered it, even though he's my best friend and I've known him for 45 years.

Back