• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Scopes, Rings, and Bases

93b238c1b925fd08fda8e51a8867c026.jpg

Forgot to add the picture.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Oh my! Look what I just found on the kwiksite website. And it's silver too!

They make one exactly like the one I bought except it's longer for offset mounting, and I can cut it and drill it to match the 464 exactly.
Screenshot_20160518-090616.png
Hmmm... that screenshot does not show the part number.

ksbp-385 is the part number for the silver one.

Last edited:
20160312_111207.jpg

The short one that I have now does not allow me to get 4 screws into the receiver so unfortunately it's kind of a weak setup.

Now I can fix that

Hello everyone, long time lurk first time post. I have a 464 with the wood stock and I'm looking for some help in determining which picatinny or weaver style base fits the top of the receiver. What I'm looking to do specifically is attach a single point sling via a magpul or UTG mount. I would also appreciate any input on whether the addition of these two pieces may interfere with the sights. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If you look up the tree there's a whole thread with dozens of posts about this subject.

The short answer is you use a split mount. One little piece of Weaver 406 goes in front and in back of the ejection port.

I didn't do that. I drilled the rail from a Thompson Contender to match the 464 holes. Then I relieved the rail adjacent to the ejection port so the shells would eject.

I posted pictures of this in the "464 scope rings and bases thread."

Hello everyone, long time lurk first time post. I have a 464 with the wood stock and I'm looking for some help in determining which picatinny or weaver style base fits the top of the receiver. What I'm looking to do specifically is attach a single point sling via a magpul or UTG mount. I would also appreciate any input on whether the addition of these two pieces may interfere with the sights. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Welcome to Mossberg Owners!

I merged your post in to the scope rings and bases for the 464 thread that is referenced above. There are lots of pics and ideas and while I don't myself have a 464, I've found myself looking through pics anyway to get ideas for the rifle I do have. I'm hopeful this will help answer your questions! :)

Welcome to Mossberg Owners!

I merged your post in to the scope rings and bases for the 464 thread that is referenced above. There are lots of pics and ideas and while I don't myself have a 464, I've found myself looking through pics anyway to get ideas for the rifle I do have. I'm hopeful this will help answer your questions! :)
Thank you, much appreciated

If you look up the tree there's a whole thread with dozens of posts about this subject.

The short answer is you use a split mount. One little piece of Weaver 406 goes in front and in back of the ejection port.

I didn't do that. I drilled the rail from a Thompson Contender to match the 464 holes. Then I relieved the rail adjacent to the ejection port so the shells would eject.

I posted pictures of this in the "464 scope rings and bases thread."
Thank you

My new scope mount came from Kwik-site yesterday. This is similar to the one I'm running now from the Thompson Contender, but as you can see it is almost half an inch lower and over twice as long. . 20160523_235423.jpg
This is intended to cantilever back over the action of a muzzle loading black powder gun. Here's the part number.

20160523_235143.jpg
The design is slightly different & considerably lower which is a terrific thing. I will still be able to see the plastic iron sights and at the same time use the Leupold rifle scope.

20160523_235346.jpg

I got the first one on a local close out sale for $25. The new one came direct from kwiksite and cost me over $70 with shipping.

I'll have to drill for holes in it to match the top of the 464 receiver and then carted off to the correct length.

I will also have to grind a relief for shell ejection clearance next to the ejection port.

The difference in the side profiles was also very evident but this is going to fit my scope on the rifle just fine.

Here's a good picture.
20160524_075654.jpg
You can see how high the current scope mount is from the barrel. It's going to wind up really close when I'm done.

Last edited:
Well I was woefully mistaken. What looks like a half inch difference in my crazy photograph only measures out to be about 1/8" difference.

Even that bit, however, is very welcome.

View attachment 11049

This is actually the scope I should buy because I'm just a casual shooter.

But I'm stuck on a Leupold Goldring, & will have to wait for the Big bux to accumulate.

Ok, the main reason I'm only a casual shooter is my eyesight, and there, every dime I spend on optics is worth it to me.

A Leupold 3-9x 40mm with ftp reticle, electric firedot, and parallax costs less than I spend on eyeglasses per year.

This may change somewhat. I am 60 and soon expected to have cataract surgery; and afterwards I may really be surprised at the improvement in vision.

What probably won't change is my love for Leupold optics.

I guess there are better, but I couldn't ask for better than the 2 that I own.

Cadd, I got the same Simmons scope on my rifle. I will be switching it over to the MMR. I will either get another scope or one of those Skinner Peeps. I am wondering if the Simmons is not as tough as the ads say.

Posting in a dead thread, but I found this one via the googles and thought I'd post an experience related to mounting a scope on my 464.

I ordered the XS sights scout mount base. The screw that came with the set for securing the front of the rail to the dovetail slot was too short. Nothing a trip to a good hardware store couldn't cure. Mounted the rail, put a Vortex Crossfire Scout on it, backed up 50 yards from the target, and let one fly. Way high. Ran out of scope adjustment before I got into the black, and those Vortex scoped will adjust forever. Went home and broke out the calipers. The rail had almost half a degree of lift front-to-back. Took a file and went to work on the cheesy piece that goes in the dovetail slot. Wound up taking a ton of it off. Put .030" worth of brass shims between the receiver and the rail. Still had to trim some of the bottom of the rail as it ran into the barrel just in front of the receiver. I've got it down to about 5-7 moa too high in the front. We'll see how it goes in a couple weeks when I get time to go to the berm with it.

I am determined to make this danged thing work, I have drawn a hunt with my son where a scoped rifle is required. It's in February. We only have one scoped hunting gun in the house and it's my Arisaka that some nimrod ran a .30-06 reamer through and turned into a .303-06. My kiddo wants to hunt with that one. I used 403 bases with a 4X shotgun scope when I was working up a handload, but it's my intention to use peep and patridge from Skinner as the hunting sights. The rail will be for hunts where a scope is required.

For you 464 owners out there who wish to mount a scope on your rifle, per Mossberg customer service, the recommended base is the Weaver 403. That's the front base for Winchester '94 angle-eject rifles. You'll need two 403 bases for the 464. Do not get the rear angle-eject base, just two of the fronts and you're good to go.

I've ordered mine from Midwayusa.com and will mount a BSA 2.5 X 20 long eye relief scope and let everyone know how it works out as soon as I can get to the range. This particular BSA is an inexpensive ($40-50) fixed power scope that I've had for years. It should be fine for most deer or wild hog hunting situations. It's only a hair over seven inches long and very light and shouldn't detract from the 464's superb "brush gun" characteristics.

I can't find where I ordered my bases from but I am sure I will remember later and will post that here...Someone else posted the same product from Kwik Site that I got. It is posted near this post.

I found a pic of my 464 all scoped up. Maybe y'all can pick it apart for some info on mounts, rings, etc.

Mossy 464  With Mossy Oak Sling.JPG

I need some help. I've been searching and searching, called Warne, XS, and EGW - nothing. Hopefully y'all can help me. I want to mount a mini red dot to just the front of the receiver. Don't want to lose my rear sight so I don't want to go with the scout rail. I have seen pictures online of lever guns with red dots just on the front receiver position but frustratingly they NEVER state what mounts they use. Any suggestions would be helpful. ??

I need some help. I've been searching and searching, called Warne, XS, and EGW - nothing. Hopefully y'all can help me. I want to mount a mini red dot to just the front of the receiver. Don't want to lose my rear sight so I don't want to go with the scout rail. I have seen pictures online of lever guns with red dots just on the front receiver position but frustratingly they NEVER state what mounts they use. Any suggestions would be helpful. ??

Will one half (front) of these weavers work? Made for a 464 by Kwik site.

http://www.kwiksitecorp.com/p-336-mossberg-464-base-set.aspx

Back