• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

May have to add another firearm to my short list...

Yeah man... I want a PCC so bad... but they all have th3 d3adly pistol grip..... baby killerzzzz

Ruger PC 9 and marlin camp 9 or 45 are all too high above my market price ($600-700) for a PCC.

I have the 9mm version, in black. They are fun guns, but there are some things you should be aware of.

In no particular order:

1. The trigger is horrible. Made of plastic, it is very wide, has a very heavy pull, and breaks about like a wet sponge. As a plinker or home defense weapon, this is not a real problem.

2. Disassembly for cleaning is difficult, at best. The manual does a poor job of explaining it in an understandable way. YouTube is your friend here. Fortunately, it doesn't need to be cleaned after every range session. Most people just clean the bore, wipe the outside down, and call it good until it starts malfunctioning.

3. Build quality is not great. It's mostly plastic and sheet metal. The parts that are cast are of cheap metal and pretty roughly machined. This is not a gun you will put 100s of thousands of rounds through.

4. The firing pin does double-duty as the ejector. If you pull the bolt all the way back on one, you will see the firing pin sticking out of the bolt. Bent firing pins are not unheard of. I'm not sure if it has ever happened, but I could see a bent firing pin getting stuck, resulting in the rifle going full auto, without even pulling the trigger.

5. With my cheek against that rough textured plastic stock, the vibration of firing my 9mm would make my cheek sting. I fixed that by wrapping paracord around the cheek rest (the black area on the picture you posted).

I'm not badmouthing them. Just understand there is a reason they are so inexpensive.

On the plus side, they do have a lifetime warranty. They don't care if you bought it used... it's covered.

Nutnfancy reviewed one and came away saying good things about them.

I would readily own one and enjoy it for what it is. They are fun and accurate.

Nice. A lot of bang for the buck there.

A little story about High Point.

I have an old friend who is a Deputy in one of the Parishes near New Orleans.

When Katrina hit, his house was under water for about 3 days.

His little high point pistol was a nasty, rusty mess in no time due to the sea water it was immersed in.

He contacted High point and they told him to send it in.

They replaced every metal part and spring on it including the mags, at no cost to him whatsoever.

He could not say the same for some of the bigger names like Smith and Wesson, etc.

I don't know about anyone else, but that goes a long way with me.

I will say that I've never owned a high point, but not because of their customer service. I just don't really care for the 10 round mags.

A little funny story, the high point carbines were on Feinsteins latest assault weapon list. I guess the grip scared her or something, but the high point was in fact listed despite that it had always complied with 'post ban' status since they were first made.

That pretty much settles it. The stupid government doesn't want me to have one so I must need one. Also looks like an awesome candidate for a suppressor. That would take some machining but maybe one day.

The Hi Point handgun is pretty much the ugliest thing I've ever seen. If I'm laying dead in a pile of brass that's the last thing I'd want to be seen with. That said, I haven't I recent years heard any complaint about reliability and as has been mentioned, customer service sounds like it's near the best around.

Oh, and they make 20 round magazines. I don't know for sure that they do, but there is at least an aftermarket option.

Ok, my bad, the 20 round is available for the 9mm. The rifle retails for less than $300 and all their carbines are rated for +P ammo.

That pretty much settles it. The stupid government doesn't want me to have one so I must need one. Also looks like an awesome candidate for a suppressor. That would take some machining but maybe one day.

The Hi Point handgun is pretty much the ugliest thing I've ever seen. If I'm laying dead in a pile of brass that's the last thing I'd want to be seen with. That said, I haven't I recent years heard any complaint about reliability and as has been mentioned, customer service sounds like it's near the best around.

Hi-Points are like fat chicks. They'll eat whatever you feed them and bang whenever you want, but you still don't want your friends to see you with one.

A little funny story, the high point carbines were on Feinsteins latest assault weapon list. I guess the grip scared her or something, but the high point was in fact listed despite that it had always complied with 'post ban' status since they were first made.

Actually, it's not funny. Libtards like Feinstein will always try to eliminate any affordable firearm.

Here is a NRA-ILA article from 1999 that lays out the lies about and true purpose of bans on "Saturday Night Specials":

https://www.nraila.org/articles/19990421/saturday-night-specials

Any attempt to ban Hi-Point firearms is merely the same whore in a different dress.

I have not shot a carbine but I have shot one of their pistols. If the pistols fail you can always beat them down with it. I personally had no problems with the pistol, but have read of a lot of issues. Their CS sounds outstanding.

From what I understand from various forums, the carbines are more reliable than the pistols.

Back