• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Taurus / Rossi Firearms

Good point bobster. Never had the habit of dropping my guns either. As long as you handle them properly there should be no issues.

Dropped, no, but I did toss a Glock off a roof once (unloaded) as part of a impromptu torture test. Needless to say it's still in service and still has a little mud in the stippling.

John A, Thanks for the info. I have a PT-111 G2, so I live chatted Taurus this AM - they told me the do not admit to any recall or take any responsibility. They said that if I want to send the gun in for repair I could but if its not malfunctioning it was not necessary. They said I could read the court case if I wanted. - They were very nice. So I got the impression this was a very small percentage of guns in the suit. I encourage anyone to contact them for your own piece of mind.

Joe

Many of these cases get started because some owner mishandles their firearm resulting in a negligent discharge. When the shot is reported by a neighbor and LEO arrives, the story becomes "I dropped it" or "It just went off". The report is filed, the lawyers get involved, and next thing you know the manufacturer has to issue a recall...

I hate dumbasses who don't fess up to their own negligence.
If you misshandle a firearm then there is a tendency the firearm will discharge.
I know Accidents happen from time to time but saying it just went off by itself is HIGHLY unlikely.

I believe I need one of these. Taurus Judge "public defender" which I guess is the shorter barrel. I'm not positive I like the poly frame.

image.jpeg

Dropped, no, but I did toss a Glock off a roof once (unloaded) as part of a impromptu torture test. Needless to say it's still in service and still has a little mud in the stippling.
I threw mine down range, loaded......chambered.....pissed off couldn't hit anything....ran up to it and kicked it another 10 yards .....ran over picked it up and readily missed again........super pissed.....now I have a better relationship with it but I hated it that day, all the while it was me lol
yeah , loaded and chambered .....safe action worked pretty good

ergonomics look terrible to me, would have to hold

I think so too. I've fired this handgun 3 times total now with a combined 50 rounds maybe including the 45LC. Each time I pick it up its weird but firing it is actually pretty easy. There are other grips available (like Hogue and Pachmayr) that extend to get more of your hand on there.

Recoil isn't bad at all but my preference would still be for the steel frame and maybe the 3" barrel. Overall its easily manageable.

Back