• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Advice on mount and rings

WolfTrap

Copper BB
Hey everyone - I've had this gun for a bit but just went through my first hunting season with it. Happy to snag a nice doe but it's clear a BDC scope would have been helpful.

For Christmas my wife snagged me the Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40.

The factory mount is too small for the scope to fit so I'm looking at both a new mount and rings.

Here is a mount I believe will work, but I'm hoping someone smarter than me will be able to confirm it.its very cost effective, which is important to me and my limited budget. My understanding from research so far is that a mount that works on a Remington 700 will work on an ATR 100.

If it does work, any thoughts on good rings that will function with this mount?

The mount: https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/pro...683483348.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used Leupold's site to look up the ATR and their site confirms the 700 parts work.

Is it a long or short action? What caliber? Does it use a detachable box magazine or is it top load only? I ask because the one piece base can suck with top load only. Not impossible, just that it can be a pain.

There are plenty of relatively inexpensive options for $50 or less and less than $30 is doable. Even Leupold two piece rifleman bases are around $10 or so.

Let me know what you like and if I can help track something down, welcome to MO!

I used Leupold's site to look up the ATR and their site confirms the 700 parts work.

Is it a long or short action? What caliber? Does it use a detachable box magazine or is it top load only? I ask because the one piece base can suck with top load only. Not impossible, just that it can be a pain.

There are plenty of relatively inexpensive options for $50 or less and less than $30 is doable. Even Leupold two piece rifleman bases are around $10 or so.

Let me know what you like and if I can help track something down, welcome to MO!

Thanks so much for the help!

It's a long-action .30-06, top feeds. I'm absolutely not set on a one-piece.

On a long action with a 3-9x40 you may need the flexibility of the one piece base. I'd have to look at mine and see how much room there is to get an idea, but that base you linked up would surely do it. Only I can't see anywhere that the one piece is recommended but that's because of it being a top load only.

What's your budget?

I used SWFAs site to do a search to get some ideas. I added a couple filters to narrow it down. I used Remington, ring and base combo, 1" scope tube, and medium height but I don't know that medium is best or not.

https://swfa.com/mounts-rings-and-b...&height=5750&limit=36&scope_tube_diameter=117

There are things in the search under $50 and the Leupold set I used on my Savage is about $35. There are a couple options for one piece long action bases but the rings are fixed so you'll need to know how much room you have on the scope tube for mounting.

index.php

Here is a pic of the DNZ mount.

I like the DNZ mount, the base looks narrow enough that top loading doesn't look like any trouble.

I would get a DNZ one piece mount. I have a 30-06 atr and have this mount, works great. Low is what i used for a 40mm objective scope.

Can you link me this? Want to make sure I'm looking at the right thing. Hard to type one handed on phone today I had hand surgery lol

Can you link me this? Want to make sure I'm looking at the right thing. Hard to type one handed on phone today I had hand surgery lol

Never mind found it! Still looking for low on cheaper than dirt

Back