• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg gets rid of my beloved "Thug" !

Lefty9

.270 WIN

So, here we got the new version -they took away the "thug" written on the side of the receiver !

With today’s advancements in turkey loads, the 20-gauge platform is growing in popularity with turkey hunters of all ages and Mossberg International’s SA-20 Turkey (75790) is designed to maximize performance. This easy-handling package features a 22-inch vent rib barrel with Extended Turkey choke tube and is topped with a Fiber Optic 3-Dot Sight, ideal for low-light conditions. The durable synthetic stock and forend are effectively-covered with Mossy Oak Obsession, a pattern that builds on elements of ghost shadows, realistic limbs and a lighter background, enhanced with the addition of spring tones. Completing this turkey-hunting model is a matte blue metal finish; receiver-mounted top rail for ease of adding optics; and dual sling swivel studs. MSRP: $644

SPECIFICATIONS
Gauge 20
Capacity 5
Chamber 3
Barrel Type Vent Rib
Barrel Length 22"
Sight Fiber Optic 3-dot
Choke Ext Turkey Tube
LOP Type Fixed
LOP 14"
Barrel Finish Matte Blue
Stock Finish Synthetic (Mossy Oak Obsession)
Weight 5.5
Length 46.5"

75790-catalog.jpg

And here below we have the good 'ole "Thug" ; probable the same dang gun as the "New" one - but you get $300 off because it sez "Thug" on the side !

The marriage of Italian gun production equipment with Turkish work ethic is fortunate for all of us. Here is Mossberg’s SA20 Turkey Thugs semi automatic shotgun chambered in 20 gauge. It need not be only for hunting, it’s light and versatile enough for defensive purposes. Manufacturer is Kayhan Art, or Khan, of Konya, Republic of Turkey. Importer and warrantor is Mossberg International of Eagle Pass, Texas. Named model is SA20 Turkey Thugs. Factory sku number is 75782. Type is gas operated semi-automatic shotgun. Construction is steel barrel, bolt, and internal parts housed in a lightweight alloy receiver and trigger group housing. Stock and forend are high impact graphite based synthetic, with fluted forend and checkered surfaces on the forend and pistol grip area. Barrel is 22 inch, chrome lined and threaded for Beretta or Benelli Mobil thread choke tubes. Tube furnished is a .580 extended Turkey Extra Full . Sight system is 6 post, .312 serrated ventilated rib that measures .22 high above the barrel at the forend’s gas vents, with Snake Eyes Dead Ringer Rib Mounted fiber optic orange aperture type rear and green fiber optic dot front sight. Lug is dual gas port. Receiver carries a factory issue 14 slot Picatinny Rail for optics or light mounting. Chambering is 20 gauge, 2 3/4 inch and 3 inch interchangeably; and operators are advised to expect a break in period before cycling light load shells. Magazine capacity is 5 + 1 on 2 3/4 inch; or 4 + 1 on 3 inch, with 2 shot adapter easily removable. Forend is laterally vented, laterally checkered semi beavertail. Stock drop is standard 1 1/2 x 2 1/2, with a 1 inch right hand cast. This shotgun comes with 4 shims to modify drop and cant. Length of pull is 14 1/8 inch from the .250 chrome plated smooth faced trigger to the end of the 1 inch black factory recoil pad. Studs are matte blue steel Quick Detach type. One improvement this SA20 has made over its Benelli and Beretta ancestors is that one need not hit any extraneous release button or lever before a shell goes from the magazine onto the chrome plated shell carrier. Safety is right hand shooter, behind the trigger. Overall length is 44 1/2 inches. Weight empty is 6 pounds 3.4 ounces with center of gravity at the breech face. Finish is matte blue & black anodized metal, with Mossy Oak Obsession dip process buttstock and forend. New owners should assemble the barrel in place by manually holding the bolt back at mid position while easing the forend and barrel in place. That’s how Benellis and their copies assemble. This is a discontinued variant of the SA20. Replacement pricing on its number 75790 successor on mossberg com is $644.

SA-20 Turkey Thug in .20 GA, Mossberg part number 75782
The Mossberg 75782 SA-20 Turkey Thug Shotgun in .20 Gauge features a 22-inch vent rib barrel, Mossy Oak Obsession finish, synthetic stock, front green fiber optic sight, rear red fiber optic sight, multi-choke (extended turkey), 3 chamber, vented recoil pad, an overall length of 43.5 inches, an unloaded weight of 5.6 lbs, and a 4+1 round capacity.

Mossberg SA-20 Turkey Thug Shotgun .20 GA 22in 4rd MOOB Camo

• Model: SA-20
  • Caliber: 20 Gauge
  • Action: Semi-Automatic
  • Capacity: 4+1
  • Finish: Matte Blue
  • Stock: Mossy Oak Obsession
  • Sights: Front: Green Fiber Optic Rear: Red Fiber Optic
  • Barrel: 22"
  • Length: 43.75"
  • Features: Vent Rib
Mossberg SA-20 Turkey Thug Shotgun 75782, 20 Gauge, 22" VR, Ported BBL, 3" Chmbr, Semi-Auto, Blued Finish, Syn Mossy Oak Obsession Stock, 5+1 Rds

Manufacturer Number: 75782

Our Price: $346.06

Last edited:
I think real "thugs" may have been offended that their moniker was associated with a productive device. (ie: hunting shotgun) :rolleyes: At least it is still listed in their catalog! Perhaps they'll be bringing more spare parts into the country now?

No doubt they/someone had a problem with the "Thug" ...........shame on Mossberg for deleting the emblem .

I admit the first time that I saw a camo'd turkey gun with a collapsible buttstock and AR pistol grip (probably one of those ATI stock sets) and it's model was TACTICAL TURKEY, I laughed out loud and said that's the stupidest idea that ever was.

Just more marketing gimmick/hype

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=613942

So, Mossberg omitted the Thug engraving. Otherwise, the gun is essentially the same. And that's why Mossberg has 5 gazillion model numbers.

If you have a thug and you like it, you can keep it. ;)

Forgot to add, mossbergs silver reserve 2's also originate from Turkey. They really are making some first rate guns. I own a sxs 12ga from there imported by Tristar, a cz75'ish 9mm clone, as well as my favorite handgun, the 45acp Sarsilmaz.

I admit the first time that I saw a camo'd turkey gun with a collapsible buttstock and AR pistol grip (probably one of those ATI stock sets) and it's model was TACTICAL TURKEY, I laughed out loud and said that's the stupidest idea that ever was.

Just for S&Gs I searched the above phrase and mostly guns came up with 2 cartoon figures... :)

Attachments

• 639093_ts.jpg
    639093_ts.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 10
  • _2293615.jpeg
    _2293615.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 10
  • tacticalturkey.jpg
    tacticalturkey.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 10
I still think it's a stupid name for a shotgun.

Then again, I don't like the word "tactical" being mis-used the majority of the time anyway in regards to firearms or firearm products.

Tactical slings, Tactical grips, Tactical cases, tactical sights, tactical lights, tactical load of horse poopy.

If it has the word tactical in it, tells me that it's marketing gimmick. Just because you wrap it in a black box and slap the word tactical on the label doesn't impress me any more than the even more retarded apocalypse/zombie marketing did, which I still think is even more stupid(er) than "tactical".

Not to offend anyone here, that's just my feelings on the subject.

No, I don't believe that I would. I did get a laugh out of it though.

I liked the "Turkey Thug" on the receiver!!!

I am not really a fan of pistol grip stocks on a shotgun. I will admit though that it is kind of nice on a turkey gun or slug gun. I do not like them so much for any other type of shotgunning.

oh those darn "Thugs" ruined it for everybody ........... I liked the receiver label as well - in fact , thats probably why I bought it .

Back