• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Wood stock for my 590a1

2mas

Copper BB
Hi,

Can someone telle me what kind of wood I need to buy that fits my 590a1 ?

Here is my shotgun today :

100_0517.jpg

And this is what I am looking to get :

d9a1xtn.jpg

I see numrich have a lot of stocks but I am not sure which one will fit my 590a1. Can someone help me ?
Here is the link to numrich mossberg stocks
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufa...tguns-37443/500-41910/StocksForends-34119.htm

From 2mas-

Any of those stocks that are for the correct gauge will work.

Forearms go with dual action bars and again the correct gauge.

561020A is the forearm, 554810A is the stock. You'll need to refinish them, though, to match your pic. Any model 500 stock and forearm will fit your gun, though, as long as you have the same gauge and the right action slide tube length. Same goes for all the 500 store brand variants.

Last edited:
Plus 1 on Numrich Gunparts I ordered a forend and Stock for my 590A1 51668 both were new old stock and were in very good condition at a great price also.

561020A is the forearm, 554810A is the stock. You'll need to refinish them, though, to match your pic. Any model 500 stock and forearm will fit your gun, though. Same goes for the all the 500 variants.
So if I order 554810A and 564810, they all fir my late model base 590?

Not sure on that number....did you mean the 561020A? Your 590 will have the 7 5/8" slide action tube. All the "tactical" guns do. That forearm is for that tube.

The more current sporting guns have the short slide wood. It's just the current fad to go short. Next year they may be back to the longer ones. But all the current tactical guns with wood are the long slide tube. That wood is for the 7 5/8" tube.

Thanks for the help. I like the tactical plastic, but would like to stain up a dark set like the one on this thread. Wood is good!

Back