• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

+P .45 auto?

Hollow points, ash tray looking things, semi wad cutters... none will feed reliably. The Corbon Powrball works great. Prior to trying the Powrball I'd have to load only 6 rounds and was still getting occasional failures. Since using the Powrball I can load 7 and no failures to date.

feeding problems suck....my heavy hitter is 10mm in a Glock.......tons of velocity and reliability with all projectiles......boringly awesome lol

lol, ok here are some I actually shot 180gr 10mm runnin around 1200 from a 3.8"

Last edited:
maybe I just been lucky , or there a perfect fit for my Stainless Ruger 1911 Commander that was converted to a .460 Rowland ; but the Magtech Guardian Gold .45 +P 185 grain JHP's @ 50 cents per ,went thru the barrel over 200 times last time at the range without a single hitch or failure to feed .
I like the look of that 10 m.m wound channel !!

Brad... Again, without me looking back thru the thread (sorry) With what magazines are you having misfeeds?

Brad... Again, without me looking back thru the thread (sorry) With what magazines are you having misfeeds?

Factory magazines would hang up even with ball ammo. I got a couple of the Kimber Protac magazines or whatever they're called and those have been fine with ball ammo and the Corbon but will still hang up with more traditional hollow points.

Additionally, I saw my last post. Auto correct got me and decided reliability was relationship ability. My bad. It's fixed now.

Picked up another +P load to try. The Inceptor Arx by Polycase.

https://www.polycaseammo.com/project/inceptor-arx

While made by Polycase, these are loaded in traditional brass cases for now.

So far, all I can say is they feed from the magazine but it's a light projectile and I've seen in some videos that it's too light to cycle in shorter barrels while keyholing has been observed in others. In one video, the projectile was actually completely turned around backwards in ballistic gelatin.

I don't have gelatin. But I will see if, 1. They cycle and 2. They keyhole through the targets.

I don't think I'd want to use this for SD

You're basically turning your 45 into shooting a 115 gr 9mm bullet.

• 20 Cartridges
  • 118 gr ARX®
  • 1307 fps / 448 ft. lbs.

Right, and that's a concern.

The projectile is super light, about half that of traditional ammunition (for each of the calibers offered). It's also very fast. It does however perform comparably to hollow point ammo in side by side gel tests.

You could test them using nitesites tater tunnel. That will show real world expansion factors.

If you haven't seen it, he stacks a long row of potatoes between some 2x6's and shoots them like one would with gel.

And afterwards, you can cook them for supper. Mashed taters and butter. Yum.

I'm just kiddin' about eating them. I don't think I would. But it really does work great for testing bullet expansion no joke.

Now here's the thing.

They're designed as non expanding. The light weight and bullet design are supposed to cause a rapid transfer of energy. But from at least a couple tests I've seen, that could also be in part due to tumbling. That said, at least through both plywood and a 2x4, the bullet has penetrated as deeply through gel as Federal HST.

Still, the potato thing could be informative, especially if I can recover the bullet and determine the orientation at the point it stopped.

Tumbling isn't a bad thing.

Expansion isn't a bad thing.

Fragmentation isn't necessarily a bad thing either.

They're just different ways to achieve the same common goal.

But if you're wanting to perform a specific way, it's better to know exactly how it's going to perform.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it in the future. I'm always willing to learn something new and different and don't want to be too closed minded about nothing.

If you can stack a couple of feet of potatoes in a row, you should be able to recover it unless it tumbles wildly out of the "tunnel".

I think so too.

230 grains of kapowee has been putting the smack down on bad guys for over a 100 years. There's a pretty good reason why it's still in circulation.

It works.

Well, no shocker, I won't buy anymore of this ammo. I did a vey short video to catch any malfunctions or issues. I really thought it may be too light to cycle properly. Good news is it cycled fine, two magazines worth. It's not enough for a fair review but between the two magazines, not a single round was on target. So just to be certain, I loaded my regular ammo and put all 7 on target.

I'm curious as to how you more knowledgeable folks would analyze this?

Back