• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bought a 500 Mariner

Never had the opportunity to handle the Mariner version. Always wondered..........is there a 28" vent rib Mariner barrel? Only see it in the short barrel configuration.

Mine took a couple hundred rounds to break in well, but you can really tell once it gets worn in a little.

I wanted to put 50 rounds of different types of ammo through it before I took delivery, to make sure it worked correctly.

I look forward to further break-in sessions in the near future. :)

Never had the opportunity to handle the Mariner version. Always wondered..........is there a 28" vent rib Mariner barrel? Only see it in the short barrel configuration.

I have not seen a 28" barrel in the Mariner configuration - but I'm a newbie to this forum, so that question is better posed to the group at large...

I love the way the finish looks on that.

index.php

Beautiful shotgun. Don't change a thing. Breaking it in is half the fun. Once this is done she"ll be like a close friend.

Beautiful shotgun. Don't change a thing. Breaking it in is half the fun. Once this is done she"ll be like a close friend.

Thanks! :)

Have 2 modifications planned for the Mariner: A Promag safety (already ordered), and Hogue furniture (need the 12" LOP, I have shorter arms). But I want to keep this shottie simple, so that's probably it.

Nice, I always liked the finish on those.

Back