• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpening System

S

SHOOTER13

My adoring wife bought me this system for Christmas...and I must say it works pretty damn good. Now, every knife, pair of scissors, axe, shovel blade, ...anything that has an edge ...is razor sharp !!

The Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener uses flexible abrasive belts, and is able to sharpen not just straight bladed knives, but also curved knives, tanto blades, filet knives, serrated knives, gut hooks and virtually any other shape of knife blade. Using precision angle sharpening guides to ensure that you get the proper angle every time...there are two guides included: a 50° guide for hunting and outdoor knives (25° per bevel) and a 40° guide for thinner blades and kitchen knives (20° per bevel).

WSKTS_zpsb51c72cd.jpg

WSKTSBELTS.jpg

WSKTSSET.jpg

==============================

At Lowes it was $79.99 on sale ( less with our military discount ) with two extra grit belts each included...

Extra belts can also be purchased at point of sale for $9.99 a box...

http://www.worksharptools.com/sportsman ... s.tpl.html

================================

That's pretty sweet! Glad to hear your shovel is sharpened too! I always worry that mine aren't sharp enough!! :lol:

Hmm...I'm going to have to look into that. I have a few blades from Camillus that need to have an edge put on em. Thanx for the info!

Thanks guys !!

Hey Ric...a sharp shovel does help when digging...believe me !!

Four years later....I finally got one. Omg it is sooooo worth the money. I just sharpened every knife in the kitchen. And did the one I'm making out of damascus. I can use a diamond plate but, this was soooo much faster.....

Back when I was a young guy working at an equipment rental company I sharpened a lot of stuff on Belt Sanders. Picks, chisels and Spades for 90lb pavement Breakers, and other heavy steel tools.

But it really never occurred to me to use a belt sander of any kind to sharpen fine cutlery.

I've always done it with a grinder for roughing, and then various stones by hand for finishing.

It's not a flawless system, but it does do it's intended job and with ease.
I think it took all of ten minutes to em all. Including set up and tear down. If I used my stone, it would have been at least 5 minutes per knife. So, I'm satisfied with it.....although it would have been nice to have that bag in the picture above included.

May have to pick one up. I love my Lansky kit but it does take some time to get a nice edge and large knives can be a pain.

I orderred one. What sold me on it was the ability to sharpen ceramic knives ( requires diamond belts). We have several in the kitchen that have started to lose their edge.

I've been contemplating one for a long time. I always talk myself out of it. Still using the Arkansas stones for cutlery, and a file for the heavy stuff like lawn mower blades and machetes.

I orderred one. What sold me on it was the ability to sharpen ceramic knives ( requires diamond belts). We have several in the kitchen that have started to lose their edge.

They have diamond belts for it? Interesting...I'll have to look for em...

I have one of these. As much as I like it, if I had it to do over I would get the Ken Onion version for the variable speed and improved adjustability.

I have no plans to part with my Work Sharp or Spyderco Sharpmaker anytime soon.

I have the Work Sharp Guided Sharpening System with upgrade kit. I wanted to learn how the freehand. I can get a pretty good edge on my knives with it, but I'm sure an experienced person could do better. With the upgrade kit, the GSS is a real nice sharpener for just about anything you might need to sharpen. They really put a lot of thought into that sharpener.

My brother has the Knife & Tool Sharpener. It's a nice sharpener, but I'm hesitant to use it on my knives. The K&T Sharpener doesn't go less than 20 degrees per side. I like to keep my Buck knives in the 13-16 degree range, since that's what Buck sharpens them at. I would like to get the Ken Onion edition of the K&T Sharpener sometime. For reasons already mentioned, I would like it for the variable speed of the motor, and greater adjustability of the angle guides.

Back