• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

sgammo has Federal LE132-1B back in stock

This will be good news for anyone wanting THE top tier brand of buckshot.

Thanks Tom.

It has always stuck me as the ultimate home defense round, but it always seems to be in short supply. Take care. Tom Worthington

The number 1 Buckshot cost 25% more than the double-ought buckshot.

The number one comes with the flight control wad but I thought you didn't want that for home defense.

Will that not be pretty much the same as shooting someone with a slug at anything less than 30 yards?

Then again, maybe your house is a lot bigger than mine!

15 individual wound tracks, all of which penetrate deeper than the FBI minimum. Plus, they are all within a small enough area that you could fire it down a hallway, even with a friendly in the immediate vicinity. 00 with the flitecontrol wad would do that too, but I like 15 more than 9. And none of those pellets will overpenetrate my neighbor's walls, as badly as a slug would. Take care. Tom Worthington

Yeah I didn't really think 9 pellets was enough myself. My defense rounds that I loaded have more and smaller pellets. 15 #2 buck around 2 #0 buck, for a heavy, slow, and broad load. It's going to spread to about 6 inches, when shot down the longest dimension of my whole house, through an 18 inch cylinder bore gun. ( at night & without my glasses, I could easily miss somebody with a smaller pattern than that, but if he's in my hall I'm going to clip him with that at least.

How far down range does that flight control wad open up?

I mainly just use Winchester AA type wads, thinking that they open up much faster.

....annnnnnnd, it's back. :D I sense that ammunition is just going to become more and more available, as time passes. Thank you, Donald Trump. ;) Take care. Tom Worthington

Last time I walked into our local hardware store there was a pallet of .22 on the floor and more on the shelves. Everybody already stocked up during the election so they're going to have to Discount this ammo to sell it in a reasonable period of time.
:)

Back