• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Rant

From the la times:

". . . the driver of a PG&E truck arrived at the city’s police headquarters to report that a passenger had been shot by a gunman who had approached them on foot. After firing at the truck passenger, Muhammad walked west . . . where he came across a resident and opened fire . . . missed his target . . . continued walking . . . fatally shot another man before reloading his weapon . . . headed toward Catholic Charities in the 100 block . . . fired a second fatal volley of gunfire, killing a man in the parking lot.

An officer in the area spotted the gunman running south on Fulton. He then “dove onto the ground” and was taken into custody . . . As he was taken into custody, he yelled out, ‘Allahu akbar,’ ” Dyer said."

God forbid our civic leaders actually come out and call it a hate crime or act of terror...

Wonder if trump is gunna say something about it...
As usual, his handlers won't let em....

Not sure if this qualifies as rant or not. After spending several hours mowing grass today i was wanting anice cold gatorade so i get in truck and head to the gas station corner store. Well as im pulling in lot a car cuts me off pulls up to front door crossways blocking 3 parking spots including the handicap stall. Some god awful noise blasting i cant call music. Out comes a young man leaves car running and noise blaring goes in store. Hmm im blocked cant park and then it hits me someone could steal this fellows car. So in interest of public safety i get out and reach in window and retrieve keys i placed in receptacle next to pump for safe keeping. Being older and somewhat forgetful i simply drove home without telling anyone. Hope they had spare set 2 is 1 and 1 is none ya know.

LOL...

Now in the old days we could have run that car with a jumper wire and wouldn't need a key. Nor would we have ever jammed up four parking spots, like such enormous jerks.

Now days people either don't fear being enormous jerks, or maybe the concept has never even occurred to them.

I think this is what happens when people watch other really selfish, rich, concieted or overbearing people on popular television all the time. They start to think of that as the ideal model for their behavior.

How often have assholes like Madonna got off with shit like threatening the president? People feel they are so entitled that their view of the world is entirely inverted

. . . "Hey we should impeach the president, or else Barbra Streisand might move to Canada and quit singing forever!"

Yeah, that's the kind of logic that made us the champions of the Free World.

:oops:

They are now certain that Kori Ali Muhammad killed 3 folks plus a security guard shot 4 days earlier, which brings the death toll to four.

Not sure if this qualifies as rant or not. After spending several hours mowing grass today i was wanting anice cold gatorade so i get in truck and head to the gas station corner store. Well as im pulling in lot a car cuts me off pulls up to front door crossways blocking 3 parking spots including the handicap stall. Some god awful noise blasting i cant call music. Out comes a young man leaves car running and noise blaring goes in store. Hmm im blocked cant park and then it hits me someone could steal this fellows car. So in interest of public safety i get out and reach in window and retrieve keys i placed in receptacle next to pump for safe keeping. Being older and somewhat forgetful i simply drove home without telling anyone. Hope they had spare set 2 is 1 and 1 is none ya know.

Classic!!! Awesome job....

. . . that's the kind of logic that made us the champions of the Free World.

I quoted myself there, because when I re-read my post something occurred to me that hadn't occurred when I wrote it.

As a child of the 1950s, I was very certain growing up that America was indeed the military, economic, moral, social, and political champion of the Free World. I never questioned how I came to think that way or why.

Young people today were brought up in a world certain that ugly America was an evil capitalist honey trap for the American wage slave. imagine how this must skew their outlook for the future?

My mom was a child of the Great Depression. It's a time when the world had been mismanaged so badly that we weren't taking care of our own starving veterans and work-less workers: a population growing as grim and visible evidence.

What were her expectations for the world? How were they shaped?

I need to go find out.

Just to follow up on a couple of things. . .

I talked to my mom a lot before she passed away this July, but it was difficult to talk to her about politics because she was so upset that Hillary Clinton lost. As a child of the Great Depression, her world view was shaped rather differently than mine. She hated Roosevelt & the new dealers. I had been taught to Revere them. Even though she was a Democrat, she voted for Nixon because the Democrats had gone too left-wing and Humphrey wanted to disarm our nuclear weapons.

Because she lived through World War II, her hatred for our nation's foreign enemies was well cemented, but she knew that all Muslims would wind up in hell, so she never worried much about the terrorists.

My mom never professed actual hatred for other races, but I understood from childhood that she had been brought up to distain black people (...while I understood that I was not being brought up that way...)

By the time she died, Mom seemed to like the black people that she met a lot. I think it was often because we had lived often in the cold white Northlands or the desert, and those black folks reminded her of her home in the Old South.

She was in some distress about the way America treated the veterans of its Wars. When Congress cut the military budget they cut my dad's job, which was mostly computer programming on the anti-ballistic missile system.

He lost out on 1/4 of his pension, after serving in three services, through 30 years and three Wars, because according to the new rules he could not stay in another 27 months without being promoted (and they had frozen all the ranks.) Since they couldn't promote Dad, they gave him a commendation and mustered him out.

I realize now that after that happened in the 70's, her dislike of government and all politics increased.

I can see now where I got that from.

Also, Kori Ali Muhammad, who murdered four people in Cold Blood here will be going through psychiatric evaluations in Kid Glove handling, because he claims to have a strange black religion & it makes him look crazy as hell.

They're going to try and get him off on an insanity defense.

For some reason we can't kill murderers if they are also insane. They say "we can't kill them because it's not their fault they're insane!"

This is false logic, because it presumes that we should not kill someone for something that's not their fault. It's not a dog's fault that he catches rabies but we have to kill him just the same. There really is no other logical choice.

There is no logical reason to keep an insane murderer alive except the Commandment about Thou shalt not kill. How many (crazy, murderous, or sane) people did our government kill in Afghanistan and Iraq? But now they're squeamish about killing this murderer because it might not be his fault that he's a murderer. Who tells the local police chief (approximately) "I'm sorry Jerry, I respect you, but I just don't like white people."

This perp was making trouble at a motel, the security guard tried to kick him out and Kori shot him dead. I believe that when he sobered up enough to realize that the police were going to catch him (because he had left a trail of evidence and Witnesses) he went on a murder spree because he hates white folks, and then just let himself be caught.

It's not a scorpions fault that he's a scorpion but you step on him just the same. It's The Logical choice if you don't like being stung. This guy shot a security guard and 3 civilians in cold blood.

Last edited:
You mention thou shalt not kill.

I've been told (presumably by people who know more than I do about Hebrew translation and I don't understand it all) that the word for kill is similar in some ways to words we have that could have multiple meanings.

While the commandment is thou shalt not kill, there are obviously other places where the Jewish people engaged in battle and killed. Everything. And even in the New Testament where Jesus said if a man has a cloak but no sword then he should sell his cloak to purchase a sword. (I'm only loosely quoting here) So the belief is that a truer meaning or understanding of "kill" in the commandment would be "murder" and would be a closer translation as "thou shalt not murder". There is another instance where a judgement is being considered. That if a mans ox were to gore and kill another man, the ox is to be killed. If a man knows his ox has hired someone before and does nothing about it and it gores again killing a man, then the owner is to be killed. Fortunately we live in better times but certainly there is biblical wisdom that is fitting yet today.

None of this is here or there, just stuff I've heard teachings on over the years.

Oh I agree entirely. In fact I meant to write "Thou shalt not murder." and...

You can only murder a human.

Killing animals in a Humane manner is no issue, nor is that murder.

Monsters are meant to be killed as a matter of our common welfare.

Humanely if not too inconvenient, but dispatched with all due speed.

So what's a monster?

I think anything deadly and dangerous that can operate a door lock maybe.

Ok I give up. I managed to remove the Magpul BAD lever from my receiver but now I cant get it back on. Why do makers use weird screw heads that no one has wrenches for? This one is a tiny star bit. It came with a wrench which I have apparently lost and cannot find another that fits it. I have upteen different star bits but nothing matches this one.

Why cant they use a small hex head screw that everyone has a wrench for?

Stupid crap like this just pisses me off and makes me want to stop using said product....which i suppose is a given considering I cannot reinstall it.

Ok, got it out of my system, I'm over it....

Because they dont want every tom, dick n harry to be able to diy .....job security.

Guys that just goes to show that you can never own enough tools!

Whenever I go to a hardware store I always end up buying another tool of some kind and my wife will ask me "What do you need that for?"

I will usually give her some BS answer that satisfies her because the truth is I don't always need it.

But I also know that someday I will!

( . . . even if I have to come up with another project specifically so I can use that tool. )

I hate it when manufacturers make something non standard, or change something just for the sake of change. It's like the internet. A website works fine, or an app on a phone, then it gets changed and doesn't work until they come up with a patch or fix.

It amazes me that the allegations for the most part about sexual allegations and misconduct come from the two swamps and sewers, Hollywood and Washington D C., and they are the ones screaming the loudest and longest.

I hate it when manufacturers make something non standard, or change something just for the sake of change. It's like the internet. A website works fine, or an app on a phone, then it gets changed and doesn't work until they come up with a patch or fix.

I remember when there were only three kinds of headlights available and you could buy one for $0.99 at any gas station.

The manufactures petitioned the government to have rectangular headlights, for fuel economy reasons. It would make the car lower and more aerodynamic.

Almost immediately they started stacking them up making the front ends very tall.

And pretty soon every car had a different headlight and they cost a fortune to fix if you break one.

We do have engines that go 200k or 300k miles, but you can't afford to fix a headlight.

Something that I didn't explain up above is this: Wanting rectangular headlights was all about styling and selling cars, and had nothing to do with aerodynamics in the minds of the promoters.

Simply making the front end of the car lower by using rectangular headlights did not make a car more aerodynamic overall. So they lied about that part.

It simply made it look more aerodynamic. (Which sells.)

A car with a tall front end was often actually more aerodynamic (all other things being equal.)

So when they voided their deal about the rectangular headlights by making tall cars, they actually did what they said they were going to do but not in the way they said they would do it.

Was this by Design or just serendipity? No telling.

I never cared much for the comedy of Jim Carrey, but he is successful and wealthy.

He's also an idiot when it comes to certain things. (please bear in mind that I myself do not like Facebook.)

I lifted this from CNBC:

"Jim Carrey is quitting Facebook and dumping his stock — and is urging everyone else to do so as well.

"We must encourage more oversight by the owners of these social media platforms," ......"This easy access has to be more responsibly handled. What we need now are activist investors to send a message that responsible oversight is needed. What the world needs now is capitalism with a conscience."

When I translated that in my head what I got was this:

People with big money can force censorship over the internet. They can use their Fame and position to start a bandwagon to boycott whatever they don't like.

This is true of a lot of things in our world that I don't like.

It's a slippery slope for companies like Google and Facebook and apple who must the hold judgement over the question of how much privacy and respect ordinary citizens will get in the cyber world.

All that must be weighed against the cost of security. Applying unbreakable Security will render some systems unusable, in a practical sense.

Applying harsh censorship could do much the same.

Back