• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How long did you wait for a 590 Shockwave?

For weeks, I visited Budsguns.com and drooled over the new 590 Shockwave. Well... I finally pulled the trigger (no pun intended) a few days ago and entered my credit card info to get put on Bud's waiting list

For those of you who've purchased one: Where did you buy it from, and... how long did you have to wait for one?

Since these are built on a standard 590 receiver (drilled & tapped), I plan on mounting a picitiny rail on the receiver, then some sort of light/laser combo on the rail. Do you all have any economical recommendations?

I placed my order on 21 Jan and it shipped last Wednesday, got to my dealers this Monday. The total wait was about 2 months and almost two weeks. I called buds a few weeks back just asking them the status on filling the orders and they said they had over 1000 pre orders and had only received a few hundred guns from Mossberg so far.

I recommend you get on the waiting list NOW as these are selling like hotcakes and it's best to get your place in line!

I'm beginning to feel like I should have just waited and not reserved one on Bud's website. These are flowing freely into local gun shops in Florida, but now it would cost me 10% of the sale price if I decided to cancel with Bud's to buy locally. Honestly, I'm a little pissed at Bud's... I emailed to ask what the average wait time for a Shockwave was running, but I got no response at all. I wasn't looking for an estimated delivery date, but no response isn't really acceptable. I'll continue to wait, but I'm pathologically impatient and.... my impatience is spiked knowing I could pick one up locally today.

I'm beginning to feel like I should have just waited and not reserved one on Bud's website. These are flowing freely into local gun shops in Florida, but now it would cost me 10% of the sale price if I decided to cancel with Bud's to buy locally. Honestly, I'm a little pissed at Bud's... I emailed to ask what the average wait time for a Shockwave was running, but I got no response at all. I wasn't looking for an estimated delivery date, but no response isn't really acceptable. I'll continue to wait, but I'm pathologically impatient and.... my impatience is spiked knowing I could pick one up locally today.
Flaman - Just think about how happy you will be when it arrives:)

Last edited:
Yup, Bud's is a bummer this time around. :( SS is a local (to me) company with stores in Longwood and Apopka. I bought a Glock 30 from them a while back...

Well... I sort of understand... Bud's has had the shockwave on their website for quite some time. And many people, including me, weren't able to find other sources and wanted to secure their place in line. Bud's seemed like a safe bet, because according to their customer comments, they were at least shipping them out in small numbers. The shockwave is a really cool firearm at a really affordable price, so it's attracted a huge audience. I've read estimates that Bud's is sitting on anywhere from 1000-2000 orders, so it's just going to take some time for these orders to flush through. Hopefully Mossberg has ramped up production... which appears is the case, because even smaller retailers now have the shockwave in stock. Next time I won't be so damn impatient, but I've said that before.

I've read estimates that Bud's is sitting on anywhere from 1000-2000 orders, so it's just going to take some time for these orders to flush through.
I would have Bud's cancel the order due to lack of supply. Maybe they have just gotten too big for their britches? The following came from an Email a couple days ago. FL Gun Exchange number is (386) 304-9499 if you wanted to check stock. The background of the picture would appear to show stacks of them!

newshocky.JPG

I would have Bud's cancel the order due to lack of supply. Maybe they have just gotten too big for their britches? The following came from an Email a couple days ago. FL Gun Exchange number is (386) 304-9499 if you wanted to check stock. The background of the picture would appear to show stacks of them!

View attachment 14977

Appreciate the info Bobster! I'm already (almost) a month thru my wait, so it should only be a week or two more before I get it- so I'll hold on canceling for now. My impatience got me into this situation, so I've kind of learned a lesson here. I sorta agree about Bud's maybe getting too big for their britches. I used to be able to just call and talk to a concerned sales rep. No more...

I'm jealous man! How do you like it? Any plans for a light, or a case?

Last edited:
Well, it appears my waiting period is over and I will not be getting a Shockwave. I just got an email from Bud's saying there is a problem with my order and to please call their customer service dept. The guy I spoke to said they were no longer shipping Shockwaves to Texas and Ohio because of concerned emails they've received from local dealers. Probably for the best due to the grey area in the law here in Texas. Oh well, they're refunding the funds to my credit card in full.

Well, it appears my waiting period is over and I will not be getting a Shockwave. I just got an email from Bud's saying there is a problem with my order and to please call their customer service dept. The guy I spoke to said they were no longer shipping Shockwaves to Texas and Ohio because of concerned emails they've received from local dealers. Probably for the best due to the grey area in the law here in Texas. Oh well, they're refunding the funds to my credit card in full.

Dang! Sorry to hear that Kadelic! I didn't know that Ohio law was questionable, but I did read the Tx law, and if I lived in Tx, I probably would have taken a pass on the Shockwave anyway. Its really not worth the risk, given the ambiguity in the stare statutes. Now that you've got bitten by the short barrel bug, do you plan on getting a short barrel shotgun that is legal where you live?

I checked Bud's website this morning and the last person who left feedback states that he ordered a Shockwave on Feb 4th and just received it on April 25th. I'm sure the wait at Buds will be greatly reduced with Texas and Ohio buyers knocked out of the picture.

Sorry to hear it man...time to change the law.

Now that you've got bitten by the short barrel bug, do you plan on getting a short barrel shotgun that is legal where you live?

No plans at the moment. My 18.5" 500 already has the Shockwave Raptor grip on it. Anything shorter than 18" is illegal. I was going to put a stock back on the 500 if I got the 590 Shockwave but now I may just get a 20" 590 with a stock. Now that I'm getting my credit card refunded from Bud's I'm tempted to spend it on something else but a little voice in my head is telling me to wait a while and save the money outright instead of buying on credit. We'll see if I listen, lol.

Sorry to hear it man...time to change the law.

Yes indeed it is!

Thanks for the vid Ghmann.

Question for you all. I am definitely ordering a TLR2 laser/light for my shockwave. GG&G makes a front sling/light rail, so one could mount a light at the muzzle.

Should I mount the TLR2 at the muzzle, or... since the receiver is drilled &tapped, should I mount it upside down on top of the receiver. I like the idea of mounting it on the receiver, but would it look stupid? Anyone ever mount a light/laser on top of a receiver like this?

I pulled the trigger on a 300 lumen TLR-1 S (strobe), since I really didn't see a need for a laser, and... I opted to go with the GG&G front sling/rail mount, so my light will be mounted at the muzzle. I also picked up a seven round Archangel Shell carrier too. So... Now all I need is my Shockwave!

And... Now I see this on Bud's website, so maybe the wait for the rest of us sill get shorter:
***We're currently not shipping this firearm to CA, NY, NJ, MA, MD, TX or OH***

I pulled the trigger on a 300 lumen TLR-1 S (strobe), since I really didn't see a need for a laser, and... I opted to go with the GG&G front sling/rail mount, so my light will be mounted at the muzzle. I also picked up a seven round Archangel Shell carrier too. So... Now all I need is my Shockwave!

And... Now I see this on Bud's website, so maybe the wait for the rest of us sill get shorter:
***We're currently not shipping this firearm to CA, NY, NJ, MA, MD, TX or OH***
Flaman pictures when you have the please!

Woot! I finally received my Bud's Shipping notification yesterday! I'll be picking it up from my FFL on Monday. I have a few cool accessories to put on it when it gets here. For those of you on Bud's waiting list.... My wait was a few days short of two months.

Congrats Flaman. Good news for Texans too.

Friday, May 19th, at 8:55 p.m. the Texas House Passed HB 1819, authored by Rep. Drew Springer (R-Muenster) with senate sponsor, Sen. Charles Perry (R-Lubbock) plus an amendment by Sen. Craig Estes (R-Wichita Falls).

The addition of the senate amendment caused HB1819 to be returned to the House for concurrence and HB 1819 with the amendment was accepted! The amendment will allow Texans to purchase this defensive shotgun.

Back