• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Single point mount on the cheap

Patch700

.22LR
Posted this in two other sub forums so hopefully someone finds this useful.

Hey guys , just wanted to drop a quick tip / mod that can be done essentially for free if you're like me and have various bits n pieces laying around.

One of my HD rigs serves double duty on the farm such as varmint/predator control etc. In any event I found myself gravitating towards the use of a single point sling in these instances.
Being that I already had a tacstar sidesaddle mounted I thought why cant I make something work with it as opposed to buying yet another piece of magpul gear that I don't REALLY need.

Heres what I came up with , take a run of the mill swivel stud designed to fit in your barrel retention nut. Remove the sidesaddle and drill the correct size hole for the appropriate tap needed to thread the hole , then simply thread the hole , install the stud with thread locker and flip the side saddle over to ensure no threads are protruding past the backside of the plate so as not to scratch the receiver. **(If there are threads protruding, simply remove with a flat file till smooth and flush with side saddle plate)**
Then install a std swivel and viola , single point mount finished.

So far this has proven to be surprisingly sturdy as I was a bit skeptical about it holding up to the rigors of field use etc.

NOTE: If your shotgun is a safe queen and it bothers you to see bumps bruises , minor scratches. Do not do this mod lol. The swivel will be making contact with your receiver at some point lol.

Anyways , hope some find this helpful and a viable option to other methods.

index.php

index.php

A Mossberg without scratches is not a Mossberg. Good set-up. I put a dog collar-type one point attachment between the receiver and the stock on my HD 500 and that's good enough for the job.

A Mossberg without scratches is not a Mossberg. Good set-up. I put a dog collar-type one point attachment between the receiver and the stock on my HD 500 and that's good enough for the job.
Rossignol could you please post a pic of your dog collar-type setup?

Rossignol could you please post a pic of your dog collar-type setup?

The above post is actually from @Conn 500 Maybe he can elaborate. I don't know what this is either and now I'm curious. :)

Back