• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Flashlight

Looking for a quality flashlight for the 500 any ideas? I've seen some that are too expensive. I'm trying not to spend more than the price of the gun itself. It just doesn't make sense to me to have a $300 plus flashlight. Thanks [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased this one from the good folks at LAPG.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-operator-l2-flashlight.html

It fits perfectly in 1" rings , I use a set of weaver 1" rings in conjunction with the magpul cantilever mount.. Very pleased with the quality of the light, the rings use the large knurled slotted screw and i find it very easy to simply spin the screws loose with just a thumb and index finger (no tools needed)

Cost is about as cheap as you're going to get for a light that will handle repeated abuse of a gun that will produce 50+ Ft Lbs of recoil.

Asking what switch type or switch position you would feel most comfortable with.

I think we can help you decide from many good affordable lights.

Asking what switch type or switch position you would feel most comfortable with.

I think we can help you decide from many good affordable lights.
Switch position, I haven't thought about that. As for position. I'm a lefty so something easy to put on n off the mossy. Thanks again

The switches on my Insight forearm lite are symmetrical and may be worked by either hand.

But you better have big hands to use one because I can't hang onto the thing well.

Also there are much more powerful lights available for the same kind of money.

I cannot comment on their durability or reliability however.

The switches on my Insight forearm lite are symmetrical and may be worked by either hand.

But you better have big hands to use one because I can't hang onto the thing well.

Also there are much more powerful lights available for the same kind of money.

I cannot comment on their durability or reliability however.

So what kind of light do you have?

Insight brand, factory fitted as a Davidson's exclusive gun.
VZM.IMG_20161016_193458.jpg
There it is disassembled from the gun It's built into that plastic forearm.

And there it is on the gun assembled:
20161107_082731.jpg

Back