• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Aviation bird strikes tend to be expensive.
ALCON. Try running your car into a Wild Boar. I work for the D of D in Germany. Last year alone I hit a Wild Boar and 2 months later a Roe Deer. My Insurance company was not happy with me...

Never get tired of seeing new Avatars and hearing the background stories.

J.B.

Last edited:
Mines just random name. Avatar is me and best friend Kaiser probably the best dang gun dog to ever hit the field. Most versatile animal ever. he happily points and retrieves any manner of quail pheasant grouse etc weve hunted all over the country.20161120_130037.jpg He will sit quite in a duck blind until called on to work though early season only he tends to get pretty cold with that thin fur once water temps really drop. He will track a lost deer like hes on a rail has yet to not find one we get called pretty regular to help out especially in bow season and he loves it. Happy shooting all.

Mine is a hockey term for a fighting penalty. Fighting is a major penalty and gets 5 mins in the penalty box instead of the usual 2 mins for a minor. Hence the phrase "5 for fighting" I'm a huge hockey fan and have been a die hard Tampa Bay Lightning fan since the franchise started in 1992.

Love me some Canadian boxing. We made a half dozen Cedar Rapids Roughriders games this season. It would have been a lot easier to go more if they didn't suck so bad this year lol

My screen name is simple. I used to use a Foreman 450 es to just Mud and 50/50 Race. The tires I used were Swamp Fox. So put them together Swampfox Foreman.

My screen name is simple. I used to use a Foreman 450 es to just Mud and 50/50 Race. The tires I used were Swamp Fox. So put them together Swampfox Foreman.
Good machines. I've got a 400. Been wanting to make it a 450. It's just a top end swap. Did you make any other modifications to yours?

My screen name evolved over time. When I would return to work on Mondays, after an Air Force Reserve weekend, the girls in the office began calling me "Rambo". Since my last name is "Rampino", "Rambo" morphed into "Rampo". Eventually while in the Reserves, I got promoted to E8, (hence the E8 grade insignia avatar), and assumed responsibility for aircraft ramp activities. Of course I had to become known as "Rampo of the Ramp"

My screen name is my name and my avatar is just something I found on the internet that I thought looked cool.

Mark T.

My screen name comes from my love of slugs: sabots, rifled, Fosters, Hastings, you name it and if can fit through the barrel of a 12-gauge, it's good.
I'll admit that I'm kind of cheap (mainly because I have to be) so I'll stock up on inexpensive Federal Truball when I can. But I can also be kind of wild and crazy, and I've been know to buy Brenneke 3" Magnum Crush (666 grain) . :omg: You don't really get much crazier than that. Magnum Crush sort of describes not only the shell, but what the recoil does to your shoulder.
So there you have it, I guess. I try to keep it in the ballpark but, as shown, I can also be an idiot at times. Feel perfectly free to point that out if I get off track, I'll appreciate it. As long as you don't charge me. :)

Oh, and my avatar is the insignia from the infantry division that my dad was in in WWII. Hurtgen Forest. Ouch.

My screen name comes from my love of slugs: sabots, rifled, Fosters, Hastings, you name it and if can fit through the barrel of a 12-gauge, it's good.
... I try to keep it in the ballpark but, as shown, I can also be an idiot at times. Feel perfectly free to point that out if I get off track, I'll appreciate it. As long as you don't charge me.

Oh, and my avatar is the insignia from the infantry division that my dad was in in WWII. Hurtgen Forest. Ouch.

Sluggo, Thanks for the explanation. I have a M500 12ga, but I don't know anything about Fosters and Hastings. [Sounds like a law firm.]

As far as the "ballpark" here. Don't worry too much. If they kicked people out for acting like idiots I would have been outta here long ago. About the only thing that will get you dinged is nasty personal attacks.

Hello Mr. Sluggo.
Don't know much about Slugs generally speaking but presently working and living here in Germany so I know a little about Brenneke of Leipzig. A few of the hunters I go on wild boar drive hunts with use Brenneke... Super Magnum I believe. Fired a few rounds on the range, for me it was worse than a 300 Win.Mag. I'm sticking with my rifle until I go bird hunting again.;)

BTW. I'm about 2 hrs from the Hürtgenwald.

Last edited:
JungleBoogey, it might be worth a visit to some of the memorials at, and around, Hurtgenwald.

One interesting memorial is a bronze plaque that was donated by American vets to the memory of German Lt. Lengfeld. Lt. Lengfeld went out into a know minefield to rescue an American soldier who had stepped on a mine and was wounded. Lt. Lengfeld also stepped on a mine, and died a little later from his wounds.

huertgen cemetery Leutnant Lengfeld memorial.jpg

Brenneke slugs are known to be excellent. Italian slugs are A+++ also. A little link that self-loaders might find interesting:

http://www.gualandi.it/en/products_slugs.html

As always, no affiliiation, although I wish I did. Italians make some fine shotgun ammo and boom sticks. : ' )

JungleBoogey, it might be worth a visit to some of the memorials at, and around, Hurtgenwald.

One interesting memorial is a bronze plaque that was donated by American vets to the memory of German Lt. Lengfeld. Lt. Lengfeld went out into a know minefield to rescue an American soldier who had stepped on a mine and was wounded. Lt. Lengfeld also stepped on a mine, and died a little later from his wounds.

That does seem well worth a visit. I "googled" the area and read about the six months battle that took place there. Thanks for the tip.

It's not just about guns around here ;)

JB
:thanks:

Well, my screen name is actually a mistake. Should have been "dylan2k" which has been my go to screen name since the late 90's when everyone was freaking out about Y2K. My avatar is just my favorite painting by Frank Frazetta who, among other things, provided the artwork for most of the Molly Hatchet albums (which is where I was introduced to his work as a teenager).

Well, my screen name is actually a mistake. Should have been "dylan2k" which has been my go to screen name since the late 90's when everyone was freaking out about Y2K. My avatar is just my favorite painting by Frank Frazetta who, among other things, provided the artwork for most of the Molly Hatchet albums (which is where I was introduced to his work as a teenager).

Howdy Dylan, if you want I can change your name to dylan2k....

Back