• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning folks. Well I'm still on the death watch. I got home about midnight, and my daughter stayed with Mom all night. My sister is with her now and I will be going back in a couple hours.

They are able to wake her up a little bit to wash her and change her, but I'm afraid that she is under enough morphine that her Consciousness exists in only tiny bits

I've watched both of my parents suffer like this at the end, and I watched the whole family suffer because of it. I pray they never have to go through that because of me.

Well it's after midnight here, so good morning folks. My mom is still clinging to life. She fed her self up pretty good for this ordeal, and it's taking her a while to exhaust her internal resources.

But her condition is getting worse and we're having to give her somewhat more medication to keep her comfortable.

More than once Mom told me she never believed that she would live so long.

Thank You Shooter. And good morning again.

I have heard it said many times that any morning on this side of the dirt is a good morning. I don't necessarily believe it. My mother has survived a very difficult night, and is still laboring on. My sister and daughters are carrying for her now, and the nurse tells us that she may live another two days.

I am certain that without the oxygen she would have passed yesterday because her breathing is very poor and she has arrhythmia. She has taken no food and very little water for 5 days.

Good "er" morning Mossberg Owners. I'm a wee bit late. Mid 90s in Tulsa today and plenty of humidity. Fortunately there is a breeze to help a bit.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good morning Mossbergers!

Ummmm...Mossburgers!

That sounds like something that Euell Gibbons would fix for dinner.

That silliness was to cheer me up, because my old mom suffers on, and there is little to cheer her up, except the fleeting faces of her children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

But something good will come of her suffering I think. Those kids will all figure out why they don't want to die from diabetes.

Good morning folks.
At 6am it is 70*F on my patio.
Going back to see my mom in a few minutes.
Somehow she survived another night, and my daughters are with her now.

I am happy to report that my mom passed this afternoon and is no longer suffering.

She was bound to a wheelchair for years, and she had had enough of it. She told us all about a week ago, and she went to bed.

She will rest in the old pioneer's cemetery, with my father, the veterans of several wars, and a host of sturdy folks who were the first settlers to turn this land.

Last edited:
I am happy to report that my mom passed this afternoon and is no longer suffering.

She was bound to a wheelchair for years, and she had had enough of it. She told us all about a week ago, and she went to bed.

She will rest in the old pioneer's cemetery, with my father, the veterans of several wars, and a host of sturdy folks who were first settlers to turn this land.

You have my heartfelt condolences for your loss!

Sometimes relief comes at the right time. A welcome peace.
images

She will rest in the old pioneer's cemetery, with my father, the veterans of several wars, and a host of sturdy folks who were first settlers to turn this land.
May she rest in peace Caddmann and prayers for your family at this time.

May she rest in peace God rest her soul.

Prayers and thoughts for you and your family.

My condolences and prayers go out to you and your family CQ...

May God Bless Her...

Good morning my friends.

I thank you all for your support, and I ask that you forgive me for turning the cheerful Good Morning thread into a dirge.

It is very fortunate that my sister, wife, and daughters were there to help every day, along with the staff of the assisted care home.

Even so we're all exhausted from the ordeal.

I have written here before about the blessing of good parents. This is a thing which cannot be overestimated. Of every factor to influence the life of a young person, this is the one which influences a life more than any other thing.

Mine both gave me things which one cannot measure nor enumerate, but they never tried to make me into them. They let me be responsible for that, and I tell you now that without sellf-responsibility no one becomes successful or truly happy.

The greatest thing of all, I think, is that they make me an American. They did that not by simply giving birth to me on this land, but by being Americans through and through.

I put a flag on my house at the 4th of July and it will not come down until after the funeral. Everyday I will see it and I will remember my great fortune. It's a Fortune because they brought me up in the land of good fortune, and it is Great because it is the fortune that even poor man can own here.

They can take your money, and they can take your life, but this you can only give away.

God bless my parents, and bless the land that they loved.

1499954857880149452368.jpg

Back